xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HappyHippie

Meeting Someone You've Met Online Have you ever?

Have you ever, Or are you planning on meeting someone face to face that you have known for a while on the pc. I am just curious how many people have met someone online. I am getting ready to go on vacation to see some friends that I have known about 3 years, We talk daily either bye phone or pc. It is a mother and son, she is 72 and he is 42. I just adore them both and they have been very good friends to me over the years. I was married at the time I met them we play cards together in the same league. I was only online for friends and still am. But I have been seperated for over a year and working on getting a divorce. And my friend the son of course, and I have always gotten along great and have been very good friends. I had planned a trip to go meet them even while I was still with my husband because there was no romantic anything between us. And there still really isnt but we have talked about it some over the last few months. And I am curious to know if there could be something there. Like I said I just adore he and his mother they are some of the neatest people I have ever met online. But the closer it gets to time to go on vacation the more nervous I get. I dont know if it has changed and Im expecting to much or if we are gonna just remain friends, I guess I dont even know what I'm trying to say. I am not trying to count on anything I dont want to be disapointed or let down I guess you would say, So I had been telling myself over and over again lets not even go there lets just remain friends and take this vacation and just use it to spend time and not worry or have the extra stress of could there be something. But then I always talk myself out of it and think, but I want someone and he may be the one. Anyway I think I am just rambling on now I am very tired So Again I guess I just want to know what kind of experiences other people have had meeting there online friends. :D

ive made many friends online, through various games and social networks but i don't recall ever having met anyone i met online in person. Not to say that I haven't become close to people because of lack of face-to-face contact.. its just an avenue I haven't crossed, but I wouldn't be opposed to it if the opportunity came up. I do know of many people who have created lasting real life friendships/romances from meeting someone on the internet, so it's not a completely off-beat idea. Good luck with your situation :D

Edited by gummybear (see edit history)

Thank You Very Much GummyBear. And I am here now In texas having my vacation and it has been great, I am having a blast and soo very glad I decided to come down and meet them, I have another friend that I have known a couple years online and she lives a couple hours away from here and is going to come down tomarrow. So I am very excited to meet her also. Any way thanks again for your input!

I have met my share of online friend too over the years. even though some I wish I had never of met online or in real. But that is the chances you take here I guess. But for the most part the ones that I have met have been very good and wonderful. But one sticks out in my mind all the time. A filipina girl I met here. so very sweet and nice. Guess that's why she and I are getting married. So yes it is great meeting people here from the internet. But also too as I said before. There have been a few that I wish that I had never met. So just be careful if you wish to meet someone here. Get to know them very well 1st.