xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ackotheadvertiser

Co2 Linked To Prehistoric Global Cooling

<h2 style="margin: 10px 0px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 18px;"> CO2 linked to prehistoric global cooling </h2> WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (UPI) -- U.S. researchers say a reduction in greenhouse gases likely caused the relatively swift formation of ice in Antarctica millions of years ago.
Matthew Huber, assistant professor of earth and atmospheric sciences at Purdue University, said ice formed on Antarctica 35.5 million years ago over a period of about 100,000 years. That is considered an "overnight" shift in geological terms, the university said Thursday in a release.

"Our studies show that just over 35 million years ago, 'poof,' there was an ice sheet where there had been subtropical temperatures before," Huber said. "Until now we haven't had much scientific information about what happened."

Computer modeling suggests the cooling was caused by a reduction of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.

Mark Pagani, professor of geology and geophysics at Yale University, said air and ocean surface temperatures dropped as much as 18 degrees Fahrenheit during the cooling period.

"Previous reconstructions gave no evidence of high-latitude cooling," Pagani said in the release. "Our data demonstrate a clear temperature drop in both hemispheres during this time."

The findings are published in the journal Science.

Copyright 2009 by United Press International

This explains one of my theories, which clearly says that the global warming is just a process the Earth is going through. We might not have ice age very soon, but after a few(well, maybe a dozen) years everything will be back to normal and the Earth will start cooling down. According to the most of the scientists, CO2 is causing the global warming at most. But in the article above, it clearly says that CO2 has caused the global coolingg tousands of years ago. What does that means? Is the Earth going to cool down in a while? Why is CO2 increasing the temperature so much? What will happen to the ozone? Will it recover?-If it will, then we'll sure have lower temperatures and our skin won't be burning that much(Ask the Australians, the ozone was most demaged in there I think).

This explains one of my theories, which clearly says that the global warming is just a process the Earth is going through. We might not have ice age very soon, but after a few(well, maybe a dozen) years everything will be back to normal and the Earth will start cooling down. According to the most of the scientists, CO2 is causing the global warming at most. But in the article above, it clearly says that CO2 has caused the global coolingg tousands of years ago. What does that means? Is the Earth going to cool down in a while? Why is CO2 increasing the temperature so much? What will happen to the ozone? Will it recover?-If it will, then we'll sure have lower temperatures and our skin won't be burning that much(Ask the Australians, the ozone was most demaged in there I think).

For years they have been trying to convince us that global warming is just a normal thing the earth is going through. Its just a hell of a coincidence that while we put billions and billions of tons of co2 in the atmosphere the earth is in a really bad mood. :-) And I also guess the countless species we drove to extinction are also part of the normal cycle the earth is going through. The fact that we are such a greedy ape has nothing to do with it. I wonder how our children will remember us ignoring things so obvious.

I think this kind of studies are financed by the greedyest of us, the same ones making billions and billions of dollars of our enormous appetite for consumption. And even if the harbingers of doom are not right there is nothing to loose. But there is no way a true scientist could jump over the fact that menkind has only taken things from nature and hasn't put anything back. There is on way the earth is just an endless bag full of treats. Things will eventually catch up with us!