xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
s243a

Kenka

Discuss, the game, what is good about it what is bad about it what problems have you encountered.I'll start:I started playing the game kenka recently. At first I found it two hard until I was able to get a golden sword. After that I noted most items were sold out. Now even the sharpening stone is sold out. I suppose these are minor problems since I should be able to buy items off another player. A more serious problem is if you attack too many players that aren?t playing you cannot play the game anymore until they move. This means you could be indefinitely shut out of the game. I don?t see much advantage in having a limit in how many battles you can participate in.I am stuck in battles with:Yoko , Big Panda, Andre, .:phevres:. andr Zenoreka If one of you people are reading please take your attack or run.

I have increased the max. no. of battles.

I dont understand the sold out thing because ther is no setting regarding Weapon Stock or something.. I think increasing the number of battles must have solved the things.

Also, I dont have much knowledge about gaming, If you suggest genuinely regarding more types of weapons, I can set them up. Here are the settings that need to be configured for a new weapon,

Name : The name of the weapon	Description : A short description of the weapon	Strength : How much the weapon adds to your strength	Price : How much the weapon costs

Also, Currently there are no missions set in the game and I would ask someone to suggest the possible setttings to set it up. Here are the things that are required to set up a new mission. Please suggest values to favor the game and not you. :D
NameThe name of the mission	DescriptionA short description of the mission	Start TextThe message displayed when you start the mission	End TextThe message displayed when you win the mission	GoalWhat the goal of the mission is (i.e. rand_area, goto:medic, or battle:Unknown)	ActionWhat happens when you finish the mission

-OpaQue

Thank you OpaQue for the changes :D. As for the lack of potions and sharpening stones, maybe if we attack magnus we can force him to use them and get them back. I just attacked him now :D. Anyone want to help?

its kinda stupid that you can see what my inventory is... :D but anyway, I guess i was lucky that I got in and bought them. I bought a lot of the $20 potions as well but they only gave me 20 hit points and I ended up using them up fast. As for the super potion, I think they give you full hp. I tried sending you one but it gave me a MySQL error. And ya, keep attacking me. I don't mind. It won't force me to use potions cause I can goto the hospital... I think if there are no settings to increase the number of items in the shops then it must be time based. The shop will probably get more inventory after a certain amount of time... in which case, I will be ready to buy it all again! :D Actually, on the elixers are useful. I bought a lot of those too. That's why i am now invincible!!Edit: @Opaque, when you first put Kenka on, there were missions available.. what happened to them? I thought you get missions and stuff from "Kenka" websites.

I really don?t get this kenka game there doesn?t seem to be much strategy too it. You gain experience points whether you win or lose a battle. You can get more money by getting a better job but you can get much more money just wondering around the map then you could ever get with a job. Moreover, if all the items are sold out what good is the money. Also what is the point of attacking someone science you will both gain experience points from the battle anyway. Yet for some dumb reason I will keep playing it like and addict. I want to be one of the top players on these boards on these dumb role playing games. Why? I don?t know bragging rights :D. Anyway, I think I will try to get to a higher level before I attack no9t9 agian. He killed me in one blow :D.

i have spells.. don't you? I got 3 fire spells. The first level fire spell only cost like 50 bux to learn but is really weak. the spells themselves are pretty useless since my regular attack takes away so much more than the spells. Plus, I don't have enough MP to cast too many spells. The level 3 fire spell takes 75MP to cast and my maximum is something like 35.

I haven?t seen any spells for human/wind. Maybe I picked the wrong race/element. Anyway, the spells should do more damage then your regular attack. Of course I would prefer that different weapons and spells worked better against different adversaries but the game doesn't seem to work that way. Anyway, have you been using your items. Have you been able to buy any recently? Oh yeah, and thanks for killing all the enemies on the main map. The main map is boring now. I only fight in training mode now.

i haven't bought anything since the first day I found out there were items. I havent used any items because i don't need it. I am using fists right now and i am hardly hurt. Also, I didn't kill any people from the main map. All my kills are from training.

I only have one Water spell, but I'm only level 2, so...

Most of the bugs are probably in the code itself. So, not much we can do to fix it. I am looking through some of it right now, and it seems like the admin should be able to restock the shops.

// -- STAFF PANEL -- //'mod'      => "Staff Panel" ,'mod_viewlogs'    => "View Logs" ,'mod_allhealed'    => "all members have been healed." ,'mod_restocked_shop'  => "you restocked the shop" ,

Maybe later today, I'll try installing it onto a test forum. (It doesn't work on IPB 1.2, I tried that last night.) It does have the potential to be a good game if all the bugs are worked out and more things are put in.

Trying to find some strategy in this game I notice the enemies keep getting strong and stronger. I think that is because everyone keeps attacking them and they keep gaining experience. Perhaps if we battle each other we may be able to win more battles. Good luck installing it. Hopefully someone can work out the bugs in the game. On the kenka message boards I think the guy said that the code can be modified. You just can?t strip out the credits.

Spinderink Your're right:

There's a download link if you click on "Kenka Site" above.

As for the problems with spells and items, those aren't bugs with Kenka itself, the board admin is responsible for adding items.

Please feel free to submit suggestions in the bug tracker, although the only issues that are caused by Kenka itself are the maps being too small.

edit: P.S. Anyone fight ultimate weapon yet?

I ran into him on the main map. He did 9999 points of damage using his fists and I did one point of damage using my long sword. I wonder if magnuus can take him?