xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

Weird E Mail Then Couldnt Log In

Okay this is down right weird and a bit scarey. About 15 mins ago I got 6 or 7 e mails sayin from Noname saying my SMF database was down. Yes it was there but not in use. So I went into my C panel and Deleted it. Now the strange thing. I could not log into Xisto I had to reset my PW.Could someone have been trying to hack me? I have changed all PWs

Is there anyway that someone with access to your database could get your cpanel password?

No I am the only one other than Xistos that has it.
Edited

echoofthunder.com: SMF Database Error!Wednesday, February 18, 2009 12:59 PM
From: "Nobody" <nobody@zeta.xisto.com>Add sender to ContactsTo: echos@echoofthunder.com
There has been a problem with the database!

That is what was in the E mail. That Datbase was only in my files and not being used.
Edited by Echo_of_thunder (see edit history)

If the server MySQL service is restarted or halted due to any reason, your CPanel will report 0 database or will not allow you to access Database. Hence, an error message popping up on your website is understandable.In situations like this, its best to send us a support ticket and let us do the research for why you have issues rather than panicking and taking actions that can cause more damage.Is everything fine now?

If the server MySQL service is restarted or halted due to any reason, your CPanel will report 0 database or will not allow you to access Database. Hence, an error message popping up on your website is understandable.
In situations like this, its best to send us a support ticket and let us do the research for why you have issues rather than panicking and taking actions that can cause more damage.

Is everything fine now?

1st off I am sorry if I caused any panic Opaque. I thought it was best to ask here than to send a ticket in the event it was something silly or stupid I know how busy you all are. and to answer your questing no. I will send a ticket in now with a copy of the e mails I am still being bombed with. ty
close the tread please.