xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
websey

Network Just Dont Want To Do It.... Network share problem

Hi Guys,Well basically what it is,one of my computers at work has just started to refuse to share internet with the main access pc, it was working 2 days ago and now it isnt I have not done anything with the comp at all it has just decided not to work all of a sudden !!!I have tried to reset the network and everything... I have tried Wi-Fi connectiosn and they work, have put the base unit on a hardline into the adsl that works it is just the whole trying to run the internet access through another machine that has killed it...Any ideas would be appreciated guyswebsey

I would try reseting your router, and then try enter the address of your secondary computer into it, and see if it recognizes it as a Physical Location instead of an IP that is trying to access it. Just set security to MAC Address, for selected systems, not only is it secure, but it creates a single connection, instead of multiple connections making it much faster. I hope that works, but the other option is to check the modem which delivers it to the main computer, so it could be a modem problem. I am rather confused with your post, could you make it alittle more specific. Try changing security settings and clearing up the ports, and seeing if changing the ports on your router to computer and modem work out.

Hi Xalor,Yeah I know abit confusing.... Basically the network was sharing and then it wasnt, So when I get back to the grind of work tomorrow i will try these options,Cheers again mate and have a good one :Dwebsey