xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

Us Okays Spaceport Whats next?

I was looking around for some sports news tonight and happen to come across this. US has okayed spaceport.

Here the usa is so bad in debt and they have okayed this? Oh well Beam me up Scotty.
Full Story

Well lets hope that this topic doesnt start as big of a controversy as the last topic that you started about iran. lol. I think that this is a big waste of money but I do think that this is promising and that this will not be a taxpayers expense, but at the cost of the corporations. Virgin Atlantic will probably pay a pretty penny to lease this from the government and might even help pump some money and more jobs into the economy.On the other hand look at the state of our economy and yet there are people willing to pay 200,000 for a 3 minute sub-orbital flight? That is rediculous. I would pay that much if I was going to be able to spend a week or even a month on a space station, but not for that short of a flight. Maybe these people should start investing their money into the economy and we will see a better economic growth.

Well lets hope that this topic doesnt start as big of a controversy as the last topic that you started about iran. lol. I think that this is a big waste of money but I do think that this is promising and that this will not be a taxpayers expense, but at the cost of the corporations. Virgin Atlantic will probably pay a pretty penny to lease this from the government and might even help pump some money and more jobs into the economy.
On the other hand look at the state of our economy and yet there are people willing to pay 200,000 for a 3 minute sub-orbital flight? That is rediculous. I would pay that much if I was going to be able to spend a week or even a month on a space station, but not for that short of a flight. Maybe these people should start investing their money into the economy and we will see a better economic growth.

Don't get me wrong I am behind it 110%. and I don't think it will be a big stinker here :D I have always felt that we have needed to see what is out there, not only what is here on earth but in space. Only probem that I can see will be a private company dealing with this. would you wanna pay XX Amount for a trip into space from a company that is not as well known as say NASA?