xisto Community
Digitalidad

Members In Mexico

Hi there. I've been tempted to post some topics related to Mexican news, but I wonder how many of the Xisto active members are Mexican and willing to discuss this kind of affairs. So if you're Mexican and/or living in Mexico, please let us know.Thanks in advance!Digitalidad from Mexico City

Nobody at all??? Well I think this definitely tells me something about the Mexican market using Internet: They just don't know what it is! :P Seriously: I think I'll have to make an English speaking web site instead of a Spanish speaking -local- one in order to have some success :D

Sorry you didn't get any responces. I'm not from Mexico, but I will be visiting there soon! Yippee! Haven't been for a couple years and have really missed our trips down there. We go to Al Gadones. (I think that's how it's spelled) just across the border, near Yuma Az. We get our glasses there, and I get my teeth cleaned, and we pick up various antibiotics for whatever may come to ail us over the course of the year. It is amazing how much cheaper all that is than here in the states. I was watching a show on PBS last night and it really mad me mad. All the jackasses in congress are fighting over the US health care bill, Here was this guy who, like me had no insurance and was in great pain from living a hard life. (he had a horse farm, which is physically demanding) and needed a hip replaced. Being self employed and no insurance the surgery here would of been between $80,000 and $120,000 but he had it done in Mexico for $13,000. And that included air fare there, pick up at the airport, to the hotel, then pick up at the hotel to the hospital, then back later to the hotel, and even a nurse to come check him at the hotel! Amazing! Now our government is going to force us to get insurance, which either won't cover our problems, or the deductable will be so high we could just go to Mexico and have it done cheaper! Got to hand it to you guys, you've got the health care thing well under control, wish you'd give the US Senators the secret!