xisto Community
novoAlias

Simple Render

Need to get back into 3D Design, this is one of the last things I did... Got a few more to post when I get an image host :D

EDIT

Should probably add...

Software 3DS MAX 8

Renderer VRay

Time A few hours...

Texture cgtextures.com, <3 This site

post-76515-1234244991_thumb.jpg

Edited by novoAlias (see edit history)

The focus and blurry areas dont seem to add up. It looks kinda like you just put a blur gradient type in certain areas if you get what I mean. Other then that I looks neat.

The focus and blurry areas dont seem to add up. It looks kinda like you just put a blur gradient type in certain areas if you get what I mean. Other then that I looks neat.

Odd considering its true 3D Blur as applied by the renderer... it is a bit extreme though I will admit.

Not bad without any outside touch-ups. I'm not entirely sure what the objects are, though they appear to be swords similar to what have appeared in some of the Final Fantasy series. Did you use UV mapping for the texture for the objects?

It looks like a swiss knife to me. Am I right? Again, I think it would look better without the blur. Do you think VRay is the best program out there for rendering? I've heard it's quite popular now.

Thats really cool. I like the blur effect to used to sharpen it and then it looks a lot more awesome. I have a couple of questions though, how long did it take to render it not, the making but the actual rendering it, because my friend says the built in rendering system is rather slow in Cinema 4 Design, and maybe that render would be better. I think that its a dagger, with one with a hooked end like those in Prince of Persia, and the other is a dagger with a serated edge. I would just like to say other than the platform its on, it looks so real, thats its scary that now its possible to do this now. Its beyond amazing, and now I see how they make those realistic movies, like Transformers.