xisto Community
Veradesigns

Adobe Cs3 Or Cs4 Witch one is better?

Hell Yes, CS4 is great...Adobe Cs3 Or Cs4

If you use Adobe programs on a daily basis (for school or work or even hobby), then you will notice differences in CS4 vs CS3.

I just got it and I can tell you that I got siked watching vids of some of the differences. For instance, I use FLASH quite often (for school and work) and some of the advances in CS4 are FANTASTIC! The workflow and control are made to be so much easier (in all programs) therefore saving time (and time is money).

If you work in FLASH you know things get frustrating very easily & very quickly - with some of the new features in CS4, this is made to eleviate some of those frustrating moments. For instance, the timeline [automatic tweens; automatic keyframes; new style of controlling tween paths (see video link below)]

Watch this video if you're a flash user: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. It will give you only a few of the upgrades to CS4 (most notibly the Timeline).

I, of course, use almost all of the Adobe programs on a daily basis (including PS, AI, ID, FW, FL, DW, AE, & BR) for school and work (as stated above). So I'm quite familiar with them all. 

If, however you don't need to use them on a daily basis (only use them once in a while) or don't care about updating/making easier your work flow, along with other enhancements such as full-on 3D capabilities (which CS3 dabbles in but does not have full-on abilities), then I'd say stick with CS3 for now.

CS4 is definitely different and will take some getting used to if you do decide to switch - know that. But you will get used to it and you WILL notice changes. Beneficial? ...Depends on your needs but most likely, yes.

CS3 is definitely capable though so the choice is obviously yours. Take a peek at the programs through demos and really mess around with them - u might like them. I was going to wait for CS5 but I after a frustrating workflow recently, I just took the plunge and don't regret it in the least!

I have been using Adobe products for quite a while now, and despite the fact that I am always excited when new software is released, but there is no need to change to CS4 if you are already using CS3. There are no major differences.

Got my Photoshop and Dreamweaver CS4 early this year and all i can say, if you felt that CS3 is stable enough for your work / leisure, dont upgrade. Unless you are in need to use more memory, then upgrade to CS4 for its 64 bit flavor.Not much of noticeable improvements except for its ultra flexible user interface.