xisto Community
mm22

How To Default To Details In Xp Explorer? making details the default view for all folders

Something that bothers me, and for which I think there must be a "cure", is the fact that in Windows XP every time i open a certain folder it shows up in a seemingly random view, in most cases either "icons" or "tiles", in some case "thumbnails" if we are dealing with pictures. While the latter makes sense I don't see why I shouldn't be able to set my preference for a given folder, so that for example the folder c:\apps always shows up in "details" view which is the one I usually prefer...I haven't performed a detailed study on the matter but it seems to me that doesn't happen since 98% of the times I change the view to "details" and when I return to the same folder some time later I find it in a different view!Is there a way to save the "view choice" for each folder? or at least to set one default view for all folders?thanks :P

Just go to "Tools" in explorer and click "Folder Options...". Once there check the box next to "Remeber each folder's view settings".

Posted Image

And before that you should reset all folder's view which is located at the top of the dialog box. I hope that should work, because as you told the settings are resetting, that is, it is applying the default view. So checking the box should maintain each folders view separately.

Edited by pasten (see edit history)

How to load default values in Windows Explorer 8 without reinstalling it?How To Default To Details In Xp Explorer?

An unknown URL 'h1.Ripway.Com' settles onto the default home page and it refuses to die out even if you change. I suspect it to be a virus. It resembles an Internet browser site. Is there a way to set the Internet Browser to a default values where this is automatically deleted or destroyed. It is also attacking the folders by creating more folders. It multiplies and makes the computer run gradually slower and slower and makes our browsing life miserable. At present I am resorting to formating the computer every time I am faced with this problem It is also deleting all restoring option files. Can some one help me?

-question by Balu Sankar