xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Xalor

Browser Wars

What's your favorite browser?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Firefox is a great browser because of the expandability of its features. Everyone can pretty much customize firefox for their own personal needs. Me personally I do a lot of web designing so I have mine set up for screenshots and code viewing. Others might have theirs set up for photography and so forth. It is all a personal preference and firefox provides the best solutions.

At Harrison, the reason FF has crap at the top is because a lot of the programs you download automatically add a Yahoo, Google, or Ask Toolbar at the top, and usually those problems can be changed by using a simple Theme like say Anthem, Naver, or CleanBase, most of them give you a simple to use top taskbar, and hides the rest. The addons and the large community allows for quick developing and great additions. Soon enough Greasemonkey and Stylish are getting enough support to be added into the core files, and maybe other versions would be released. IE and Opera do mess with basic HTML display, I've found that alot, and they both change the basic rendering, and the regular display fonts, that are standard are not displayed are replaced by something else, without any tweaking. Other than that most of the sites load well. The themes for Opera are sort of condeluded and small, they don't really make any semantic changes, and not enough support for addons. I would give it though the number two choice for anyone, who develops or has some knowledge of the internet.