xisto Community
Saint_Michael

Underworld: Rise Of The Lycans - Movie Review

Well, my Mountain Dew Chugging, nacho eating, twizzler licking fans, time for another movie review and tonight's movie is Underworld: Rise of the Lycans. Obviously this movie is a filler and twice as obviously it is a prequel that fills in the gaps of the first most but not as much as the second one. I sense another prequel film that ties everything up and leads into the first movie, but for that to happen though this movie has to succeed. Sadly though, with a lot of Oscar nominated movies out and the Oscars coming soon I don't see this movie doing to well. Either way lets get on to the movie review.I will say this that they kept the dark nature to this film like the other two that I like, but I feel as though the dialouge was a bit weak from the other two. Of course, wasn't really to fond of the second movie though, but what really surprise me though how much they packed in for a movie that lasted 90 minutes. Not only did they pack in a lot but they didn't change to0 much about why the vampires and the werewolves went to war and stuff. On the otherhand the fight sequeneces felt short and not as action packed as I have hope for, especially when its vampires against werewolves. Of course, I am fan of the old school vampire and if you seen the other two movies only light affected them or getting trashed by a werewolf, but killing a vampire with a sword without cutting the head seems unrealistic in my view. Could the movie have been better? Yes, especially since vampires were dropping like flies, granted thats what happens whenthe lycan rise from their slavery. Box Office wise it won't do as good as the other two so I will be generous and give it $100 million overall with a $30-40 million opening weekend.

Well, my Mountain Dew Chugging, nacho eating, twizzler licking fans, time for another movie review and tonight's movie is Underworld: Rise of the Lycans. Obviously this movie is a filler and twice as obviously it is a prequel that fills in the gaps of the first most but not as much as the second one. I sense another prequel film that ties everything up and leads into the first movie, but for that to happen though this movie has to succeed. Sadly though, with a lot of Oscar nominated movies out and the Oscars coming soon I don't see this movie doing to well. Either way lets get on to the movie review.
I will say this that they kept the dark nature to this film like the other two that I like, but I feel as though the dialouge was a bit weak from the other two. Of course, wasn't really to fond of the second movie though, but what really surprise me though how much they packed in for a movie that lasted 90 minutes. Not only did they pack in a lot but they didn't change to0 much about why the vampires and the werewolves went to war and stuff. On the otherhand the fight sequeneces felt short and not as action packed as I have hope for, especially when its vampires against werewolves.

Of course, I am fan of the old school vampire and if you seen the other two movies only light affected them or getting trashed by a werewolf, but killing a vampire with a sword without cutting the head seems unrealistic in my view. Could the movie have been better? Yes, especially since vampires were dropping like flies, granted thats what happens whenthe lycan rise from their slavery. Box Office wise it won't do as good as the other two so I will be generous and give it $100 million overall with a $30-40 million opening weekend.

You know what i really don't watch movies....... irrespective of how good it is .......

By the way after reading your review i suppose i should walk to theater for the show........

I am looking forward to see the third movie of the underworld series, i liked the first, not too much but it was good in some ways, the second was a lot better because it had a better script/story, better fighting scenes as well as their organization and coordenation between acts and cenarios, the appearence of certain actors were a plus to the movie in fact, and keeping that beautiful woman in the second movie, which i can not recall the name, was just plain sane if you ask me, she seduces anyone to see a movie that she participates, and more, but this are the highlights.The third, which i am expecting improvements, could become a disapointment to me actually, but i will still see it and evaluate it myself, thanks for your review, it is always useful to listen/read movies reviews, my favourite genre of movies is horror/terror, but i aldo do like this genre of movies.