xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tramposch

Toshiba Dvd Recorder With Hd Upconversion Review

I recently bought a DVD recorder to record VHS tapes to DVDs for my aunt and other people. I have recorded 3 VHSes so far and it has worked phenomonally. While there are cheaper solutions to record VHS tapes to DVD, this is definitely a very reliable one.

I bought model number D-R410KU. It has a very elegent and sleek design. It blends in very well with the rest of my equipment. It doubles as a DVD player, so it can replace one of my older ones, too.

It provides quite a few output options as well as input options. There are the normal RCA inputs - 1 set on the front (L1) and one on the back (L2), instead of the RCA video you can use S-Video, each input has an option for that too. There is also a DV input, also known as iLink, IEEE 1394, and Firewire. This is obviously used for plugging in a DV camcorder to the DVD recorder to record footage directly to a DVD with no editing.

As for outputs, it allows for RCA, S-Video and Component or HDMI for HD output. It also has Coaxil audio out, allowing for high quality audio output.

Recording is exceptionally simple; simply plug in the device you are recording from, play what you want to record, and press record on the DVD recorder. It doesnt get much simpler. It gives you many options for recording, such as audio quality.

I have yet to use the upconvert feature as I am just using it on a small junky TV in my room to record these VHS tapes while I do work. But I will test it out when I can move it downstairs to one of the better TVs.

This is for sure a great product to check out if you need to record DVDs and cant do it through your computer. It is substantially cheaper than having a company record your memories and old tapes to DVDs and probably will end up being faster, too. I got it on eBay for $70, you could probably find one cheaper, but with some missing pieces (like remote or A/V cables). They retail for $120.

Picture(s):
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/