xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
miladinoski

Groundhog Day review and opinion

Posted ImageGroundhog Day is a fantastic movie directed by Harold Ramis the story of D. Ruben and with the extraordinary Bill Murray as Phil and Andie MacDowell as Rita, who both work for a TV station.

Full plot:

The film starts with Phil (who's a meteorologist) gives a report about a blizzard which by his opinion won't hit the are where he's going to do aforementioned Phil together with Rita and the cameraman Larry with which Phil isn't with good relations, have to go to Punxatawney, PA to record the event of the Groundhog Day, in which a beaver comes out of a hole and predicts either a long winter or an early spring.

The next day, he rises from his bed and doesn't realize that the the day is repeating itself and he think he's dreaming or it's some kinda prank. The 3rd day he realizes what happens and he's going to learn how the whole day is going to be and what everyone is going to say in each and every situation.

Later on after he realized that he can have sex with whichever girl he wants only if he gets every detail and make himself learn it or lie her that they are completely the same personalities. He also drives drunk, steals money and kills himself several times which came out to be unsuccessful. He does the 'details first sex up-next' thing with Rita, whom later on he explains the situation in which he is stuck, and she tells him that in his situation she'll do everything to better herself up. He does this and by gaining a huge reputation in the small town, he successfully seduces her and they have a dance in the party (in which at first Phil was the pianist) and they go to Phil's room to have sex at the end.

The next day, used to waking up in the same day, the radio wakes him up with the same song, but not with the same intro of the radio host and with Rita lying next to him. They, make out and when they go out they decide to stay in Punxatawney and settle down.

More details of the movie, at IMDb.

My opinion on this film is that it's fantastic, the movie that started the meme of ever-repeating days and obviously the best one. The acting is great, the story is wonderful, but I regret that the producers turned that much attention in the plot to love (half the movie revolves around it :P) as I'm not much into it. :P

I especially like the scene when

he kidnaps the 'little rat' (as he calls the beaver) and with him drives fast and ends up killing himself at the end.

because you can see his anger in the eyes. Billy is such a great actor! :P

9/10

yea the movie was okay but I think he. Bill Murray did a better job in that other movie he did what was the name something like Ghost busters? also he was much better in the old Saturday Nite Live.

:P oh my god , this movie drives me nuts! First time i saw it, i thought i was crazy lol