xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

Idol Vs Strippers AI Suing strip club

Okay I have heard it all. This morning I was watching the news and heard a big debate on this, so did a sweep of the net. American Idol is suing a strip club.

The massive corporation that created "American Idol" -- is suing the owners of the Palazio Men's Club in Texas -- which the suit describes as "a gentlemen's club at which women remove off their clothes while dancing to music" -- over a $500 stripper competition they held called "Stripper Idol

This has givin me a great laugh I must admit, laughing because as long as AI has taking up worthless TV time where that could have a good show on in it's place. I am suprised someone has not done something like this before now.

All good are associated with evil and this is another one.Men and women love fun and pay anything for it. Some pay openly some in secret. There is no way telling if something is good or bad.In old times singing was associated with 'mujra' - singing and brothels were synonymous. And there were dance, explicit ones involved.Today dancing and singing is a curriculum in schools and parents take pride if their daughter swings her pelvis on staged songs like 'hai tere badan ki garmi' - means 'wow the warmth of your body'.50 % of songs are related to love and another 20-30 % to physical relations. There is hardly any reason why American Idol cannot be in related to Men's or Women's strip clubs.Hope no one is offended.

All good are associated with evil and this is another one.Men and women love fun and pay anything for it. Some pay openly some in secret.
There is no way telling if something is good or bad.
In old times singing was associated with 'mujra' - singing and brothels were synonymous. And there were dance, explicit ones involved.
Today dancing and singing is a curriculum in schools and parents take pride if their daughter swings her pelvis on staged songs like 'hai tere badan ki garmi' - means 'wow the warmth of your body'.
50 % of songs are related to love and another 20-30 % to physical relations.
There is hardly any reason why American Idol cannot be in related to Men's or Women's strip clubs.

Hope no one is offended.

no offence taken here, but the lawsuit isnt of dancing or anything like that but the use of the name. Honestly I think it is funny as beep that AI thinks the own the singe word Idol. Weilling to bet you some texas judge will throw this out of court or that strip club will say opps sorry and give Simon the cow free lapdances for life.

How stupid! I find it rather annoying that any group/company/individual can somehow lay claim to a simple word or phrase in the english language. But this sort of thing happens all the time. Toys-R-us has been a big problem in this area, bringing lawsuits against anyone who uses the R-us in ANY business. Also, AKC will go after anyone who has a web site for examply, "akcpups4sale" or something like that. I just don't think it's right. But it's all a matter of who has the most money to pay the most for lawyers who wins.

How stupid! I find it rather annoying that any group/company/individual can somehow lay claim to a simple word or phrase in the english language. But this sort of thing happens all the time. Toys-R-us has been a big problem in this area, bringing lawsuits against anyone who uses the R-us in ANY business. Also, AKC will go after anyone who has a web site for examply, "akcpups4sale" or something like that. I just don't think it's right. But it's all a matter of who has the most money to pay the most for lawyers who wins.

So true. Kinda funny though. in the last few months I have found so may sites using the word Echo. wonder if I will get sued :P oh well the cant get money out of a rock

I'm not one to be cynical, but the patent and copyright system in America is so bad and backwards that all it takes is sufficient pressure with a well-paid lawyer to get anything done that you want. In a lot of cases, it ends up being a bully system based on money. This seems to be such a case.