xisto Community
maddog39

Free Html/php Editor.

Hello all,

I have made this program a while ago called page edit. However its not a WYSIWYG editor because on this forum at the time people prefered text based editors instead of WYSIWYG's. So I made this program for fun that I am going to release to the public. If you have any problems or bugs you can go on the forums I set up here. I know it has some and I might release my final version maybe tonight thats completley bug free. Theres a ink below to download it and theres NO installer. :P

Download PageEdit Now

I'm downloading it now, probably not going to use it because I use notepad for all my html/php needs. But maybe everything will be easier when I get this an I'll switch over.EDIT: Seems like a regular text editor, except you can't open things, copy, paste, cut, and it lends no help on writing things. Is it not working right or did you just make it like that?

it's not so bad...little too simple...but OK..B)

btw

i use PHP expert editor for editing PHP files

44739[/snapback]

Dreamweaver is better because the colors are better :D But the best free editor is Notepad++ :D It can be used for a lot of langages and the colors are nice :D And this one is available for 6 languages :D (English official website : https://notepad-plus-plus.org/)

Personally I hate dreamweaver. I prefer NVU. It's free, useful, has a lot of features, uses the gecko engine (that means it's based of mozilla), and is growing everyday. Since it is based off mozilla it has tabs. Which is good. BTW your editor is kind of plain. It's good if I need to do something at school and all I have is a floppy disc though. Well I shouldn't say anything because it's not as if I can make anything better than that (I can't even program in VB. Don't laugh). They closest thing to programming that I can do is scripting.

Well im still kinda new to making programs. I have made others. I dont know how to do certain things. If i knew how to I would put snippets and loads of more languages, and I could go on and on. I know its simple but hey. Its good for a 13 year old lol. :D

Personally I hate dreamweaver. I prefer NVU. It's free, useful, has a lot of features, uses the gecko engine (that means it's based of mozilla), and is growing everyday. Since it is based off mozilla it has tabs. Which is good. BTW your editor is kind of plain. It's good if I need to do something at school and all I have is a floppy disc though. Well I shouldn't say anything because it's not as if I can make anything better than that (I can't even program in VB. Don't laugh). They closest thing to programming that I can do is scripting.

48344[/snapback]

For my idea, I agree that i hate when i try to open dreamweaver - it's slow when i compared with the other editor. So i usually use edit plus or notepad, that's easy for me. By aways it's my personally ideas, all most people agree with dreamweaver, it may good but NOT me :D