xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shyam

Coppying..

I've seen members being told off for coppying posts from other sites or websites, of course it is in Xisto rulers not to do this, and I can understand it is the user's job to alert people of their mistakes, but I was wondering if the people at Xisto could change this rule so people could copy posts but only if they gave full credit to the original author of the post.

What do you lot think?

I don't agree. I could then just go to howstuffworks, find 15 different artcles and post them in their repsective area. Now I have 15 long posts, and legally its clean because I gave a citation, but who really did the work? Does the person who pressed control+c really deserve the hosting space, or does the author of the article for hsw deserve it? See my point?

I don't agree. I could then  just go to howstuffworks, find 15 different artcles and post them in their repsective area. Now I have 15 long posts, and legally its clean because I gave a citation, but who really did the work? Does the person who pressed control+c really deserve the hosting space, or does the author of the article for hsw deserve it? See my point?

44210[/snapback]

I do see your point - but maybe the people who over-exagerate this rule could be punished in some way, it's just at some points, I see an intresting article on the NET which would be popular here and I wouldn't mind posting it!

I guess you're right, I'll just put them in my own words :P

?_? umm.. what about if I copy my own stuff from other site's? Naturally, I tend to have stuff for different site's, but sometimes I might post a comic from somewhere else, or even copy a poll or topic to compare answers.. I'm probably sure, I that this doesn't affect me, but, anyway, copying should be allowed, as long as people have common sense. So, I rule it remain illegal to copy other people's posts.?_? But, the rule can bend... well.. I suppose, mod's couldn't tell shouldn't tell us that, if it is the case.I mean, if you go copying 15 posts they'll do something almost surly.If you just copy a post from somewhere else, and quote it they really wont care.. at least, assuming they havn't become power crazed blood sucking vampire's craving for another fix of moderation.. But, I some how doubt Xisto would employ people like that.. I just don't like those moderators that do that on other boards.. kills the entire place if some people get banned for saying a bad word.

I don't want to seem pendantic or anything, but you spelt copying wrong.. though I'm sure you where aware, I'm just saying this because I plain suck at spelling and it boosts my ego to correct other's.. yes, my life is very pathetic..

Copying is not allowed.If you post a message at another forum, You are giving a part of the copyright to that forum. We had issues related to sitepoint forums when one of our member copied a post. Also kindly note that, I have reprogrammed the deleting Post feature of this Forum. If you copy and a mod deletes that post, you not only lose a post count but also your hosting credits. And the loss of the Hosting credits is more. Ie. Suppose you got 1.5 points for creating a post, after we delete it , you will lose about 2 points. Even though it is a bit more but it is good to teach the cheaters a lesson. Else, they will keep on copying and expect them to get points for whatever posts the moderators fail to catch.

Hmm, but, I have a copyright tag at the end of my messages... ?_? but, I guess, you are referring to mainly the posts about html tips and so forth? I can't imagine another message board getting annoyed if I post a poll about how much chickens some one eats in a year .. o_O

How hard is it to post the link instead of copying the entire article? That way you don't have to worry about copyright or references. Then just make your comments on the article you were gonna copy.