xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Evolke

Budgie Problem (please Help!)

My Budgie Problem

I've owned my budgies for about eight months now and I've noticed that one female budgie, named Perry, has a swollen cere. It looks like its turning a reddish brown colour. I do not know what has caused it. I've been reseaching it on the internet trying to find out what it is but so far I've been unsuccessful. Are there any experienced budgie owners/breeders that know what may be the causes? What is the cure? Is it some sort of blood mite or parasite?

Here are some pictures of Perry that may help you out, I'm sorry I couldn't get any close up images but the budgies aren't tame enough for me to catch them. (I've got more images that I'd like to show but Photobucket is refusing to upload them... for some weird reason)

This picture was taken yesterday:

Posted Image

The cere on one of my other female budgies, named Dominos, is begining to sort of break down inwards or sort of deflate. I'm not sure if she might have accidentally knocked it against somthing or if its a type of mite, or maybe she's hurt herself when she was bickering with one of the other budgies.

This picture was taken yesterday (Dominos is the budg left):

Posted Image

Any of the advice and help you can give me is greatly appreciated. Please help me!