xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
networker

Adobe

Another thing that's pretty bad is the uninstallation/installation process for Photoshop CS3... because it doesn't work off of the CD. (You have to copy the contents onto your hard drive and install it from there, and if it failed once, PS CS3 won't let you reinstall it until you clean up the previous installation that failed... which is another headache altogether, in which even Adobe provides an article on how to clean up its own program installation using a third-party piece of software.)

I've experienced difficulties with the installation of Flash CS4 too, but different difficulties. Since I had purchased a student version, I was required to submit proof of my eligibility to the website. During the wait for the activation code, I had installed the program from the disk and activated the 30 day trial. When the activation code arrived the next week (well I did request on a Friday), Flash CS4 detected it as an incorrect code. After another support ticket, it turns out that I needed to input the code while installing, and thus would need to uninstall then reinstall Flash CS4. This was an inconvenience as it did take quite some time to install and uninstall, and there was no warning that I shouldn't be activating the trial until I had the code to use the program.