xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jon182

Freelance Writer

i'm a freelance writer. i am realitivly good i think and i was wondering if their were any good sites that i could use to make some cash. and none of the ones were you must pay to sign up or were you post your stuff and make cash depending on how much traffic it gets. i mean like writing jobs with set payment

Not to be overly critical, but I think that if you wish to do a real writing job you need to first learn how to use proper English. Otherwise, your writing isn't professional, thereby granting the website owner nothing but a negative image.

You could try looking for something on craigslist.org or a similar site to see if anyone is in need of a writer. Various blogs also look for paid writers at times too; if you look around you'd probably find something.

About going to Craigslist...I've yet to have any real luck there. So far out of probably 100 people I've contacted, 90+ didn't even reply and the few that did were just looking for people to "work at home for only $50 application fee!" or whatever - the scam programs.If anyone finds a legitimate place to find writing jobs at, I'm also interested in it. I just got tired of wasting my time on worthless emails that got nothing done.

About going to Craigslist...I've yet to have any real luck there. So far out of probably 100 people I've contacted, 90+ didn't even reply and the few that did were just looking for people to "work at home for only $50 application fee!" or whatever - the scam programs.
If anyone finds a legitimate place to find writing jobs at, I'm also interested in it. I just got tired of wasting my time on worthless emails that got nothing done.

If so, is there a possibility that you can actually earn from a "writing job". What I mean is - I'm not in this stuff much.
But can anyone tell how much can I earn doing this?

Honestly, it depends on how good you are at proofreading your own work, as well as what kind of writing you are speaking about doing.I've landed many different interviews for various positions for writing in online magazines(some big, some small), but I also have a steady portfolio of work that I have done in the past. Sadly, at that point I was taking classes in school full-time, so decided that writing all the time would not be the most efficient idea.If you plan on writing for a living, rather than just for a small paycheck, I would suggest working on your grammar skills. For example, the period goes inside the quotation marks, and the hyphen doesn't make any sense where you put it. Use a comma in its place.Companies that you put applications in to will often be very critical when they are reading your work, because they are putting their company reputation on the line by accepting you.

I think that if you had written your post in a better fashion then we would have believed you lol. Also, could youperhaps include a definition of freelance writers for others. Anyway, I think that google, (oh yes the mighty google) and as someone mentioned before, Craiglist, is a very goodplace to start, or you could just ask someone personally, or send some stuff to newspapers to seee what they would say. However, just to be sure, you should read a few novels to see whther you could improve your writing, read a wide variety, from the poular Harry Potter and Devil wears prada, to something more abstract that most people may not have heard about, or something difficult like 20000 leagues under the sea?However, I wish you luck in your pursuits.

Agreed with sakmac on this one. Which is pretty much what I was eluding to in my original posts. I kind of think the original poster here was more or less looking for something where he does some writing and then others proofread it for him, plus pay him for the work. If that is what he's looking for, it would not pay much, if at all. Those who are capable of doing the writing all on their own are the ones who get paid, because they usually work under time-frames. Having to send your work to someone else so that they can proofread it, along with send back a copy to you with the issues so you can clarify and/or fix things would not be efficient.Along with reading books(which is a great idea by the way, I never thought of using that as a tool), you can also take classes in college(or high school..I'm not sure your age) which will assist you in the learning process.