xisto Community
mrdee

How Do You Reset Google Apps Access?

I have been having problems lately with my Gmail, which uses my domain vlaanderen-flanders.org.uk, which is parked on Trap 17.For some reason or other, my MX records got messed up, which means I am now stuck with email I can send from, but I cannot receive any emails.I think the best thing to do would be to start all over again, but I don't know how to do that.What I mean is, I would like to try to go through the whole proccess again, ie. let Google verify my domain ownership by uploading a HTML file, but how do I do that?Do I disable my Gmail email account, or do I remove all my Google apps?More importantly, after I have done any of the above, how do I get Google to check my domain ownership again?Do I just try to sign up for a new account, or what?Please, experts out there, help me out ASAP, as this situation is driving me nuts.

Your MX records can be changed in cPanel by clicking the helpfully titles MX Records link. From there you can change the MX records for each of the domains linked to your account. Set them to the values required by Google, shown here: support.google.com/a/ and here: support.google.com/a/answer/54717

To re-verify your domain, log in to your Google Apps account. 

You should be presented with the option to verify your domain, and you just need to follow the instructions. There is also detailed help here: support.google.com/a/answer/63026

You can also check what is happening with your domains by clicking the Domain Settings tab, then on Domain Names, and you will be presented with a list of the domains associated with your Google Apps account, along with their current status.

Thanks for that, but the problem is: in Cpanel I can't change what I would want to change. I can change anything I want regarding my subdomain vlaanderen-flanders.trap17.com, but the MX will not let me change anything regarding my domain, which is vlaanderen-flanders.org.uk. Also see my other post, which can be found here. There you will see the problem described in more detail. Thanks for the reply.