xisto Community
bamaboy

Tsstcorp Ts-l633l Cddvdw And Vista64 Device will not burn CD-RW or DVD-RW

Hi,I am new to online forums, so please bear with me.I recently purchased a HP Pavilion laptop with Vista64 Home Premium which has a TSSTCorp TS-L633L CDDVDW writer.I can burn CD-R and DVD-R but not CD-RW or DVD-RW.If the CD-RW or DVD-RW is made in XP_PRO, I can read them and erase them, but when I try to use them again, Vista will not format them.I have tried Microsoft support, HP support, and Samsung support to no avail.I have tried all of the Windows updates, HP updates, AMD updates (AMD Turion dual core X2 processor), also to no avail. Has anyone else had this particular problem?Regards

I haven't had the problem, but may I suggest updating the drivers? Because that can usually fix strange problems like that. (Vista sucks for drivers) Either it's a generic windows driver (then get the Tsstcorp driver) or it's just an outdated Tsstcorp driver (get the newest one), and if those don't work, try the previous version of the driver (If its tsstcorp-cddvd-rw-00.0.2, try tsstcorp-cddvd-rw-00.0.1) Just check it's driver in the device manager, then google for the above metioned possible solutions. Good Luck! :P

nearly the same problemTsstcorp Ts-l633l Cddvdw And Vista64

I have a similar issue as the original poster.  I bought a HP G60 a few months back and it has the same TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633M ATA drive.  Inexplicably, it just stopped working.  I've tried updating the driver and it says I have the latest one already.  I delete the driver and reinstall, still nothing.  I delete the drive itself and the driver, re-detect it, reinstall the driver and get nothing.  I tried Microsoft's auto-scan fixer and it basically tried everything I've already done, so still no progress.  I don't really want to go poking around in the registry myself and Microsoft's recommendation is to contact the manufacturer.

I dunno, maybe the drive went bad somehow.  I don't know how that happens.  But I guess I've got to get in touch with the manufacturer.

-reply by Bill

L633m Tsstcorp Ts-l633l Cddvdw And Vista64What you need guys just firmware upgrade for the optical drive and your problem will be solved.-reply by loaysh

Hello Guys all what you need just firmware upgrade for the optical drive . And your problem will be fixed. Try to find it on Samsung website

TSST DVD RW TS-L633B drive not working with Windows Vista 64bit Tsstcorp Ts-l633l Cddvdw And Vista64

Hello, I have a Gateway Laptop, NV52 with the Aforementioned TSST DVD Burner.  The entire system is 5 months old and was working fine until about a month ago.  It randomly recognizes discs for replay, acts like it is burning, but the completed burned discs do not work in the laptop, nor are recognized by any other CD/DVD device but are deemed full if reused.

I have found many, many postings on issues with Vista and these drives.  I have uninstalled the drive, tried updating the drivers (good luck finding any) and even tried to find a firmware update, but the only one I can find for this specific drive is not compatible with our specific PC(?).  I have uninstalled Cyberlink (some folks said expired versions were the problem), have done a registry edit for the device deleting the upper and lower limit all with no success.

I have even tried various software burning products.  

HELP.  Can someone direct me to where the updated Vista 64 bit drivers may be (or any version of the Vista 64 bit drivers), or where I can acquire the firmware update people keep referring to for this drive.  I am spending a lot of  money on wasted CD's testing this and getting extremely frustrated.

Thanks

Nicole

-reply by NicolePrice