xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
onscreen

Unable To Access Cpanel And Ftp Through Given Password [resolved]

I received my email regarding the my order for web hosting and domain name have been processed and created but i couldnt access the cPanel and FTP with the provided password stated in the email.in cPanel, it return with an error message, Login Attempt Failed! after trying to login and for the FTP :Response: 331 User leolim OK. Password requiredCommand: PASS ***********Response: 530 Login authentication failedError: Could not connect to serverI can access to my site through the new domain name without any problem.

If your having password problems send in a support ticket to have your password change and then once you get access make sure to change the password to something you know.

I had the excact same problem! The thing I did was turn off my anti virus and firewall whenever I uploaded. This would make it easier for the connection to last and it wouldnt be blocked!

But be careful!

VIRUSES CAN EASILY GET IN. MAKE SURE YOU ONLY TURN IT OFF WHEN NECCACARY

If this doesn't work,

Contact the support desks @ https://support.xisto.com/ --<< Login and then submit a ticket.

Good Luck!

First time logging in and had the error. Opened a ticket regarding this issue and was given a respond about some internal mistake made but have yet to fix the problem. Still waiting for their reply about resetting the password and resent the welcome email. What i was thinking is the random generated password got expired..Will update accordingly upon receive reply from Xisto.

Also you should always know that after 3-4 incorrect attempts at the password (logging at cPanel, FTP, SSH Hyou can get IP banned, and the only thing you should do is submit a support ticket to xisto telling your IP address and telling them the situation you have there. :)

ps. I know your problem was different, but still this is worthy of mentioning :)

Edited by miladinoski (see edit history)

First time logging in and had the error. Opened a ticket regarding this issue and was given a respond about some internal mistake made but have yet to fix the problem. Still waiting for their reply about resetting the password and resent the welcome email. What i was thinking is the random generated password got expired..

Will update accordingly upon receive reply from Xisto.

I am not aware of Xisto using a expired password system but odds are it could have just been a bad password as well.

Also you should always know that after 3-4 incorrect attempts at the password (logging at cPanel, FTP, SSH Hyou can get IP banned, and the only thing you should do is submit a support ticket to xisto telling your IP address and telling them the situation you have there. :)

ps. I know your problem was different, but still this is worthy of mentioning :)

Good point since the odds are you entered this password a few times and so you better send in a ticket to make sure your IP number hasn't been ban yet.

Thanks all for the replies and the suggestion for requesting a password reset. It worked and fixed my login issues. Thanks again all :)Problem solved.

Topic is resolved.Please PM any moderator to continue this discussion. Until then, this topic is closed.