xisto Community
Ruben

The Real Reason We Eat Pizza

$100 dollars for pizza delivery? That's mad. Here it's like $15 (The cost of the pizza). You don't really have to tip the delivery guy... but I think he wouldn't like you very much if you didn't. The Chinese restaurants that deliver are the same way, the food doesn't increase in price, but it's kind of an accepted fact that you tip the delivery guy. As for what networker said... yeah, I don't really get its appeal either, aside from what I said earlier about how it's one of the easiest foods to eat. No forks, knives, plates, just pick it up and eat it... kind of like a sandwich that you can put thicker and wet things on because the crust is thick enough to support it. It's alright, but not something that's just infinitely edible like some people treat it.

In the United States, the sheeple eat pizza because those who provide fast food have found it to be a medium of choice for economic reasons, and so it is pushed adnaseum via our corporate-controlled media. Think about it. The ingredients required for this "food" include the cheapest of ingredients: genetically altered white flour baked in a toxic blend of rancid oils and chemicals, cheese rendered from cows tortured on factory farms, and tomato sauce laden with high fructose corn syrup and MSG. If you want real pizza, make it yourself with organic whole wheat flour, organic cheese and sauce. Or, go to your local grocer and seek out pizza produced in Italy. Italians take great pride in producing food with real ingredients, free of GMO's and Bovine Growth Hormone. Alternatively, I've found a great alternative in Pita bread, usually associated with Greek fare. Pick up some Pita bread from your local health food store and layer it with sauce, cheese and toppings. Then heat in your oven as you would a store bought pizza, and watch the savings and health benefits rack up.

Well, we live in the boon docks, so deliver of anything here is out of the question, but we can phone in an order for pizza to our local Caseys convience store and usually pick it up in about 20-30 minutes. (Caseys by the way, makes a wonderul pizza) We do order it that way occasionally, and mostly out of convience, when both of us are just too tired to bother cooking something. And it tastes good too.Ok, I just noticed your avatar, that is so cute! We need a new toaster, where on earth did you find that one????

Notice from jlhaslip:
merged