xisto Community
Ruben

What Phone Should I Get? LG Dare iPhone or Blackberry Storm

Hi Guys,I was wondering what you guys think is the best phone for me. To start out, I want a phone with a great web browser. I'm trying to stay away from the iPhone, so keep that in mind. On that subject, I do have a question. Like on the iPhone, when there is a youtube video embedded, does it show up on the dare of blackberry? Also, besides the iPhone, does the blackberry or LG dare allow ajax on other sites. I hope you can understand what I mean by that. I know their speeds, so again I don't think that will be a huge factor.The next thing I would like is good eMail. I didn't say great eMail, I said "good" email. Just something that in a timely manner will get me my mail, and I can reply to it with a full qwerty keyboard. Next, I want to know if the dare has any good games. I'm not a huge person for having games, but I just would like to know. I am for sure that the blackberry storm doesn't. I hope you guys can understand that and help me find my brother phone. :) Thanks,Ruben P.S: I know that that post was really just some questions, but maybe you can try and guide me. Once I get most of those questions answered I bet I will be able to help you guys more. I don't have a chance to see this in person, so I need you guys!

For games on LG Dare, you have to check with the line carrier's website.Good Email? as in application or..? I have Google Mail app for J2ME based phones and so far it is efficient in updating me with my emails on the move. I seldom use phone for internet access so i cant really guide you much. While waiting for other replies, you can poke around http://www.gsmarena.com/ for phone comparisons.

I'm sorry, but with that you just gave me a whole lot of nothing. I'm glad your happy with your phone, but do you know anything about the phones I'm looking at? Don't spam~! >_>

I know what you want but its hard to suggest you. Not many now have full qwerty keypad except for some highend phones like Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 and a couple of Nokia phones have that too. The site i provided you is the best source to date for phone research. That is how i get to know what phone i want and i need. You request for a guide to something and i provided the link. I do recommend the site to other friends of mine who is going through the same thing as you and they find it really useful except for you.

http://www.gsmarena.com/search.php3 . The phone finder will list out all possible phones with the main priority features you want. You can be very specific on every features listed.

We can recommend you phones but most important bit is to have you research, read the features and user opinion / reviews will allow you to have a virtual understanding of the pros and cons of each specific phone in your league.

If you consider my reply here is a spam, i warmly welcome you to report my replies in your thread. I am ready for anything worse.

Edit : i poke around my local tech forum and found this : LG KS360 It is leaned more toward web surf and text message. You might consider that in your list.

Edited by onscreen (see edit history)

Well a touch phone I think is too flashy and many people have got mugged and robbed over it, but if you REALLY want one, I suggest the LG, its not too flashy but its still touch, I phone is too flashy in my opinion and BlackBerry is more for buisness men and people who need long battery life, but if your only using the phone casually, get the LG. Good Luck!

Hey,From my own experience with the iPhone and all those gadgets, I don't suggeset you (like you don't want anyways) to buy the iphone, it is too expensive as monthly payments.What i really do suggest you is to buy an iPod touch 16 gig 2nd generation (can go up to 370 dollars) and then, buy a cheap cell phone. It will not consume as much battery as the iphone or other cellphones does (the high tech ones) so it will save you money and time! You can play games and do many other stuffs like web browsing with opera on the touch and call with cellphones.Good luck,Tim.