xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Inviso

Domain Name Complaint I just cant stand it any more

I have two hosting accounts. I got both of them right here on Xisto. One of them has been earned through posting here in the forums, and the other is The free one liner from Free Web Hosting - Qupis. By the way thank you Qupis for the hosting and great forums. My rant isn't with you guys here. I requested a domain name transfer from Melborne IT over a week ago. They seem to be dragging their feet on this matter. After numerous support tickets, still no transfer. I originaly got the name through MS Live. MS hosted it for about a year. They have this stupid WYSIWYG editor to build the site. It got to be such a pain using their "themes". So I found free hosting and started learning how to use cpanel and insatalling various scripts. I was going to host my TDL on the full featured Xisto host. And host my friends domain on the Free Web Hosting - Qupis. I tried setting up joomla 1.5.8 on the Free Web Hosting - Qupis account and the install went bad. I don't know what happened but the install went to hell in a hand basket. I've set joomla up numerous times on other hosts with no problems. I'm out of work right now due to health concerns and need something to do and was so excited when both hosting accounts were approved. Now I'm just sitting here waiting on Melborne IT. I think I'll try setting up my friends domain as an add on domain on the Xisto account. I gave it a whirl the other night but seemed to run into some road blocks as far as user names go and such. I'll give it a try again today. Thanks for listening.

It seems very hard for me.sorry i could not answer you question.i think you can contact the Xisto mods and admins.The Xisto mods and admins are really nice people and they do help others in their ventures, of course within Xisto. There are help you may try but I am not too sure whether you will get your answer there.Try a few Google search as well may lead to some interesting results. Good luck.

With your Joomla problem you can set it up through Fantastico, which is located in cPanel towards the bottom. As for the domain transfer, you can only really wait. Make sure they haven't tried to contact you via email, especially if you supplied an email you don't check very often. Also make sure you don't have a registrar lock on the domain. Just make sure you check the little things because those are usually what cause the hiccups.