xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tythin4

Xfire does anyone use it?

I do not really care for Xfire. I find it annoying to be in the middle of a game and then have to open up the Xfire window to talk to someone in game. It is a lot easier to use Ventrillo or Team Speak because you have your microphone and can just talk away when necessary and still concentrate on the game. It is a faster source of communication anyway seeing as you do not have to wait for your friend to die or hide to see what you said and respond.

I used to use xfire, but I haven't installed it on this computer (so my stats are about 3 months out of date!) Looking at the website, I've had 1230 hours of CS1.6, and 73 hours of WC3 (this should be a lot more by now though!)I found it quite useful.. for cheating in CS. On my old computer, which was fairly slow (comparatively), xfire was a much better option than Steam chat due to the up to 5 second lag when someone started talking to me (usually something like 'behind you!' - not really useful if I have to wait 5 seconds to do anything about it).

I never like xFire even though i have an account for it. For one thing i notice the whole application is kind of bloated. Even it have a voice feature, ventrilo and teamspeak works far better than xFire sans the sudden popup in game or unexpected crash of xfire client if u disable ingame support on some games.I started to using xfire when i play WoW and stopped accessing it early this year.

For in-game comms, then Teamspeak and Ventrillo are always going to be a million times better than xfire. However, let's not be so quick to push the program asside. It's great for keeping track of your gaming stats, great as a messenger out of games, as a way of keeping in contact with old gaming mates, and also, it's great for being able to keep track of what games and servers your friends are all playing on.It may not be the best for comms in the games, but for a small little messenger program, it aint bad.