xisto Community
Echo_of_thunder

Php And Meta [resolved] How can I find the meta tags in php.index

Okay I am new to PHP and I have just installed a forum on my site. Want to update the meta tags, yet when I go to edit the index file for the forum, I can not find anything that even looks like it. Yet I can view source and it comes up as a html "which it should" and I can understand it. Can anyone please tell me what I need to look for?

If you tell us which forum software you're using, we may be able to point things out specifically rather than in general. What you would look for, however, is if it has its own template system, which it appears to have. If you're new to PHP, you probably won't understand most of the code found in the forum script to be able to pin point where exactly all the files are coming from. I've only examined PHPBB2's source code, and my memory concerning it is a bit faint.

If you tell us which forum software you're using, we may be able to point things out specifically rather than in general. What you would look for, however, is if it has its own template system, which it appears to have. If you're new to PHP, you probably won't understand most of the code found in the forum script to be able to pin point where exactly all the files are coming from. I've only examined PHPBB2's source code, and my memory concerning it is a bit faint.

the software is SMF and after a 6 or 7 hours of surfing every forum dealing with PHP I found what I needed to know, should have figured out it was in the Themes. Thanks though.

Topic is resolved.Please PM any moderator to continue this discussion. Until then, this topic is closed.