xisto Community
hertonsils

A Couple Of Minor Suggestions

Well the first one is tiny but I think it would help for a lot of us. I've noticed you have two versions of the forums - one I'm assuming is designed for SE traffic with plenty of ads on it and one is for the members so they can have the nice vibrant forum feel to it. I constantly find myself clicking on the header naturally in order to get back to the home forum page but then get taken to the SE designed one - anyway you could change it so this doesn't happen?Also the other thing I found is it gets a little bit confusing for new people that even though you have introduced myCents, the whole new method of paying for your hosting (which mind you I think is a good system) it's a bit confusing that there is still all this information about the old system... for example the links on the homepage to the old system and on the forum index there is a thing telling you how many of the OLD credits you have as well as the OLD packages.Anyway aside from those two things I love the site... keep it up :)

Well the first one is tiny but I think it would help for a lot of us. I've noticed you have two versions of the forums - one I'm assuming is designed for SE traffic with plenty of ads on it and one is for the members so they can have the nice vibrant forum feel to it. I constantly find myself clicking on the header naturally in order to get back to the home forum page but then get taken to the SE designed one - anyway you could change it so this doesn't happen?

Also the other thing I found is it gets a little bit confusing for new people that even though you have introduced myCents, the whole new method of paying for your hosting (which mind you I think is a good system) it's a bit confusing that there is still all this information about the old system... for example the links on the homepage to the old system and on the forum index there is a thing telling you how many of the OLD credits you have as well as the OLD packages.

Anyway aside from those two things I love the site... keep it up :D

The thing in the blue is very annoying because I too sometimes click on the header and go to the 'low-fi' version of the forum and find myself confused why I am logged out and why am I seeing this much ads on which I surely am not used to :) I guess it can be fixed, it's not that painfull fix in the end.

The thing in the red... AH.... I had troubles in a forum explaining how all goes, how the previous system is retiring slowly and it doesn't work at all, but they still follow the wrong links and end up reading the FAQs and again asking me how it all goes.

You guys seriously need to fix the last one, remove all the links that end up to 'dead' pages to stop the confusion.

Nothing more to add, this site rulez :)

Well the lo-fi version of the forums is for those who have very slow connections or have BW caps on there ISP and so it won't be removed any time soon and so you need stop clicking on that. As for the documentation that will get changed over time as the programming phase is still happening and so the documentation isn't a much of a priority at the moment, however, if you want to help convert documentation then by all means whip out note pad or whatever and replace V2 information with V3, it is that simple.

Also the other thing I found is it gets a little bit confusing for new people that even though you have introduced myCents, the whole new method of paying for your hosting (which mind you I think is a good system) it's a bit confusing that there is still all this information about the old system... for example the links on the homepage to the old system and on the forum index there is a thing telling you how many of the OLD credits you have as well as the OLD packages.

The old Credits system is kinda linked in with the forums, and I believe OpaQue is trying to upgrade the forum version and remove the Credit system at the same time. It needs to be done ever so carefully to make sure everything still works :) Hopefully soon it will all be gone, once the new system is working perfectly and has totally replaced the old system.