xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cragllo

Unsolicited Email From My Site

People have said thay they have recieved e-mails containing viruses that appear to have come from my site 'sponkindustries.co.uk'

The ironic thing is that i recieven an e-mail too...

This is what is said:

Dear user of sponkindustries.co.uk,

We have found that your account has been used to send a large amount of

unsolicited email messages during the last week.

Obviously, your computer was compromised and now contains a trojaned proxy

server.

Please follow instruction in order to keep your computer safe.

Have a nice day,

The sponkindustries.co.uk support team.

It had an attachment too, messsage.zip which contained a virus WORM_MYDOOM.M the mydoom work...

Is there any way I can stop this? If you have recieved an e-mail from my site, please could you tell me,

thanks,

Craig

Cragllo,If the worm is already on your system, then its possible that is the source of the e-mail YOU RECIEVED. As I understand it, it sends out e-mails to ALL addresses in your address book including your own e-mail account. This worm depends on Microsofts outdated JAVA programs to do its dirty work. Check your system for infection, remove any bugs found & then delete Microsoft JAVA & replace it with Sun's Java which is more secure. This should solve the problem. For info on how to squash this worm goTo:www. TRENDMICRO.COM/VINFO/VIRUSENCYCLO/DEFAULTS.ASP?VNAME=WORM_MYDOOM.M&VSECT=SNHope this helpsRGPHNX

It's also easy to copy an email adress, what with there being "underground" websites out there that allow you to do it by typing in the sender receiver and subject feilds, with out actually having an emails address.

Cragllo,Stop worrying about the people who sent it to you, The worm spoofs the IP address, & other header info in the e-mail automatically so you will never be able to trace it back to the source.Just to be safe, (because I don't know what AV scanner you use) got to the URL in my previous post [ie TrendMicro.com] and use their auto scanner/remover. You might be infected with a new variant thats not detected by your current AV.Safer is always better!!RGPHNX

Ive scanned for viruses, none found, a bit of spyware tho, gone now,
And I alreadt have Sun's Java...

The thing is that I dont know any of the people who reported it to me...

It is very bad that you are in such a problem. I did not know how can you identify the sender of the email . But one suggestion - along with using anti virus you should also use a firewall ( if you are not using) for better protection against this type of attacks.
Best of luck for future.