xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Vyoma

Peacock - Vector Art Wallpaper

This is a vector art I did yesterday night.

Posted Image

It was done as a illustration tutorial, so there are almost 20 work-in-progress screenshots of the artwork in progress that you can read at my art blog: Illustrate A Peacock.

I have create two versions of wallpaper - for standard and wide screen sizes. Download them from my graphics resource site: Peacock - Wallpaper

This vector art was done using primarily Inkscape. For the initial sketching and planning, I used GIMP, but once I got the line art, I imported it into Inkscape and worked on it. The whole process took around 2 hours. Would have taken little less if I was not focusing on taking proper screenshots and keeping too many copies of intermediate SVG files.

Nice job for it being so quick to do. I'm not a big fan of peacocks or even that style of art but it does look good from far away. I cannot make any further comments though as its not my area of interest or expertise. Great Job though.Sone

Great work! It looks awesome :)I've met a few people ovre various website who make stuff with a similar looking outcome (texture wise) and they have created some pretty awesome stuff. I've always wanted to be able to make somthing like this, or a line art, but I've never had the patience to sit down and learn it. I much preffer working with photos and manipulating them together.

The peacock looks very nice. But only comment i would put on is the background. As the peacock body color is dark, the background should be lighter for the peacock to pop out of the background to be emphasized. Also the curves on the highlight isn't constant with the outline.From far, its is truly a beautiful piece of work.Edit : you can use Creative Common to license your artwork, making things easier when it comes to infringement.

Edited by onscreen (see edit history)