xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
varalu

Options In Bbpress?

All,I am using bbPress for my personal use (in the sense... to facilitate communication with my friends and college mates.. ). I want to know this...Is there an option to add the below features in the forum...1. Adding polls in topics (though.. only moderators can do it)2. Adding signatures. This should be available to all the users... and in all the posts. I basically tried for such an extension... but did not find the right one... It would be great if someone can point me to such an extension... 3. Who's online stats at the page end, which can give overall stats to the forum. Pretty useful stuff... Tell us how these things can be accommodated and also new extensions if you know which can do these stuff...If you have anything in your mind... let me know. Any help appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Hey varalu,

I've just started using bbPress recently, and it's very good. It does lack some of these basic functions which is a bit of a shame, though.

I've had a look in the bbPress Plugin Directrory and found some plugins which do what you were asking:

bbPress Polls - I'm not sure whether you can limit it to only moderators creating polls, but it would be worth looking into

bbPress Signatures - it's written by _ck_ (the same person who wrote bbPress Polls) - he's quite well-regarded in the bbPress community. Seems to fit your requirements exactly. :)

Simple Onlinelist - displays a list of who's online

I haven't actually tried any of these plugins out yet, so I can't say whether they're any good or not. I do have some of _ck_'s other plugins running on my forum though, and they work quite well.

Best of luck with these. :)