xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xls

Race Driver: Grid

Any body else here have the same love of this game that I do. To me, not only is this the most beautifully stunning driving game graphics wise, but the handling for the cars and the game play is superb. I was a bit tetchy when CM (Codemasters) brought it out, as I had never been a fan of TOCA or some of their previous games. But, after buying the game because I felt a need for speed, and well NFS wasn't quite picture perfect, I have fell in love with the game, and it will surely become one of my all time favorites.Anyone else agree, or do you disagree? Let me know, I'm interested to hear what you think.

The game is great nice graphics, and driving mechanics. What i don't like compared to other toca games is that the "story" is all over the place and u can't letz say just start a campaign as a formula one driver and just play like that. You have change between stiles and ride a formula 1 car then do a drift race in a tuned car. I did not like that and the thing with the garage is kind of useless cause it did not make me heel like i progressed through the game and got involved, i felt like just doing random races. But all in all the game is great greater if u have a wheel.

As a racing game, it is amazing. The handling and selection of races are outstanding. They really did a great job at constructing it. However, when it comes to the game play, they fall through. They way they handle drift really annoys me. They only good games for drift are NFS titles. The way grid stacks up points doesn't make a lot of sense. Though, once you get a good drift going you can really get some points going quickly. Also, the racing is a bit weird. The places you start off in change constantly. Even if you just restart the race. And if you are in a series of races the progression is sketchy. If you win the first, you don't automatically get first place in the start of the next race. To me, that would make sense.Grid is a great game, it really is. But I would take NFS over it any day.

yep, i agree with you. Race Driver: Grid is awesome racing game. When I play the game It felt like real simulation.Plus when the car got crash, the car got broken just right. I love when i play drift mode. The handling juse felt realistic.

My friend gave me this one for my birthday, and it took me an hour and a half to free up some disk space and install it. The progress was so sloow. And yet, it showed up that my PC was too 'weak' to run it, and it was real annoying while starting it. One frame at a second, lol.

As a racing game, it is amazing. The handling and selection of races are outstanding. They really did a great job at constructing it. However, when it comes to the game play, they fall through. They way they handle drift really annoys me. They only good games for drift are NFS titles. The way grid stacks up points doesn't make a lot of sense. Though, once you get a good drift going you can really get some points going quickly. Also, the racing is a bit weird. The places you start off in change constantly. Even if you just restart the race. And if you are in a series of races the progression is sketchy. If you win the first, you don't automatically get first place in the start of the next race. To me, that would make sense.
Grid is a great game, it really is. But I would take NFS over it any day.

i agree with you mate! :D .

The game is great nice graphics, and driving mechanics. What i don't like compared to other toca games is that the "story" is all over the place and u can't letz say just start a campaign as a formula one driver and just play like that. You have change between stiles and ride a formula 1 car then do a drift race in a tuned car. I did not like that and the thing with the garage is kind of useless cause it did not make me heel like i progressed through the game and got involved, i felt like just doing random races. But all in all the game is great greater if u have a wheel.

If your referring to GRID you can always just go to Raceday and pick and choose the race you want to do or you can go to view cars and all the cars you have purchased are there and then you can test drive them on any of the tracks, I like to use this feature with the ghost car to practice on a track I may be having trouble with.
I am also looking forward to DIRT 2, I have the demo and it's a blast.
I also do most of my racing online, anyone else?