xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

Domain Names hosting and trap17

Okay I am stupid here, I am about to buy a domain name for my site. Can I still be able to have it hosted here at Xisto and use the new dot com? or would I need to move it and spend more money?I really do love the free hosting here and would hate to have to leave and be charged a monthly fee.also, if I am able to use it here are there any transfer fees that I need to know of. I have looked around the forum, maybe I missed it but really did not see anything about thisThanks

Okay I am stupid here, I am about to buy a domain name for my site. Can I still be able to have it hosted here at Xisto and use the new dot com? or would I need to move it and spend more money?

I really do love the free hosting here and would hate to have to leave and be charged a monthly fee.

also, if I am able to use it here are there any transfer fees that I need to know of.

I have looked around the forum, maybe I missed it but really did not see anything about this

Thanks

No you are not stupid, how can you say that? Wow. Just because you don't know something doesn't mean you are stupid! I will clear some things for you if you want.

First of all, when you buy a domain for $9.99 you paid it for a year in advance and you OWN that domain and you can use it for your Xisto.com hosted site or any other hosting site. The site will most certainly give you the name of their Name Servers which you'll need to enter in the empty fields in your domain managment page where you enter them and wait for the DNS propagation and then add the domain to your site using their cPanel (this is technical, I don't want to go into details since your question was about something else). If you want the domain to be used for your Xisto hosted site, after you buy the domain you don't have to enter anything in the fields and they will automagically point to Xisto - Web Hosting's nameservers and do the same thing as above.

So, all in all, you aren't charged monthly, after you pay for the domain, it's like you paid with your own money and you own the domain for one year. It's yours. You don't lose it.

Hope this clears some things up, if not, please write back and I will try to answer.