xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bishoujo

Cheap Natural Methods To Get Rid Of Eyebags

The credit crunch is really hitting hard. If your eyebags are popping out from all the stress and lack of sleep, I?ve some cheaper alternatives to expensive eye creams. That?s one less burden for your pocket!Vitamin EEach night before you sleep, take a Vitamin E capsule (the soft, squishable ones, not the hard ones), roll it over your eyebag while gently squeezing it so that the liquid in the capsule oozes out. Massage the liquid gently over your eyebag. Do the same with your other eye with another Vitamin E capsule. Adopt this as your before-bed regime for at least four weeks. Vitamin E is really good for revitalizing skin and it will not only nourish the skin under your eyes, but also cause your eyebag to diminish.Natural eye maskBefore bed, apply a slice of cucumber over the skin below your eye. Do this regularly and you should see your eye bags fading away gradually. Instead of using cucumber slices, you can boil some papaya slices and peppermint leaves together. Sun the mixture and when it?s dry enough to form a paste, apply it over your eyebags. Papaya has exfoliating properties while peppermint has a soothing effect. Relax your eye musclesGive your eye muscles some relief. Enhance blood circulation by repeatedly gently tapping the area around your eyes with your finger tips. You can do this once each day (or night if you prefer) for 10 minutes. Avoid pulling your lower eyelid unnecessarily.Healthy dietConsume foods rich in protein, such as egg white, animal liver, tomato, beans etc. Protein stimulates growth. When new cells are produced, they gradually replace the dead cells that form your eye bags.Flower eye maskFlower teas are enjoying increasing popularity. You can buy some flower teabags (jasmine and rose flavours are great), boil them together with castor oil or olive oil. Let the teabags cool down. Place one teabag over the under of each eye for 15 minutes or so. This will soothe your tired eyes, enhance blood circulation and help you relax with its wonderful aroma.

Wow. Exactly what I need! I've been working late most nights recently and, I must say, I am rather horrified each waking morning by something atrocious on the other side of the mirror.

I have always known about cucumber, I mean, it's rather common knowledge. Also, over here, it's a sign of opulence because people wouldn't normally cut open a cucumber just for two slices ^_^

I've also watched an episode of some makeover reality show before. For eyebags, they recommended teabags too, only, it's black tea and not flower infusions. Also, they used water at room temperature, but it's basically the same: put one teabag over each eye and let the caffeine seep through. I think that's what improves circulation.

Sad to say, though, I have never tried any of these treatments save the eye-and-cheek massage. Well, sleep works too, but I'm afraid I don't have that luxury either at the moment :lol: