xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jezstarr

Rugby League 2: World Cup Edition Announced Updated version of the original RL2

Kiwi developer Sidhe announce a new version of their popular League sim.
With the 13th Rugby League World Cup just around the corner, New Zealand developer Sidhe Interactive has teamed up with Aussie distributors Home Entertainment Suppliers (HES) to release an updated version of 2005's Rugby League 2 dubbed Rugby League 2: World Cup Edition, for the PlayStation 2.

Aside from jersey and roster updates for NRL, Super League, and international teams, Rugby League 2: World Cup Edition has added five new stadiums to the list of playable venues, as well as the addition of the Gold Coast Titans, who joined the NRL in 2007. Another addition will be new in-game cutscenes, which will show players taunting each other after a bad play, celebrating tries, and other animations. Business development manager for HES David Fobles said in a press release: By working with Sidhe to deliver a new version of the game with updated features and rosters, were giving the fans what they want on the platform they want it most.

Unlike the original Rugby League 2, World Cup Edition will not be appearing on the Xbox, or feature online play for PS2. When GameSpot AU contacted Fobles about this, he was unable to offer us anything more than "no comment".

Rugby League 2: World Cup Edition for PS2 is due out in early November in Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom.

SOURCE: AU.GAMESPOT

You will be able to find some screen shots of it too.

Well I loved the first game, let alone the second one was freaking good as. I love the fact that they have updated because it gets quite annoying having players in the wrong team (outdated). My PS2 version of it has broken so I'm wanting to get but not sure if I will be able to. A real downside for fans is that it's not out on XBOX which is gonna cause a stir as you can see the comments on the source i provided with you. I just hope Sidhe makes a third game!