xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xenador

Ear Problems? scabbing inside of the ear

So I have had a history of ear infections, generally they coincide with some other sickness but apparently thats nothing to worry about. Anyways my ear started aching 3 months ago and I figured that I was about to have another ear infection set in so I went to the store and picked up some debrox and one of those little bulbs to help clear out my ears with some water. Did that a couple times, and after I was convinced I had thouroughly cleaned the buggers I went about my day, my ear continued aching for ~ 1 month, but because my job is extremely demanding I couldnt get off to see a doctor. It did seem longer than most ear infections I have had --although there was one that lasted 1 and 1/2 months-- and I noticed that the ear affected had a decrease in hearing, I felt like a grandpa always having to say "speak into my good ear will ya". anyways about the time my work started slowing down the aching went away but I still had the decrease in hearing. yesterday I decided to try to flush the crap outa that ear to try and resolve the problem. after 30 minutes or so of pumping water and debrox into my ear something that looked like a scab fell out... It was ~ 2 inches long and really freaked me out. ever since then I have noticed an immense improvement in my hearing again actually I am back to normal. What I am wondering is should I go in to see a doctor? it seems to me to have resolved itself, but then again that scab was huge could there be some major problems that might develop in the future because of that?

LOL that sounds pretty disgusting sorry not trying to make fun of you its just the way you tell it makes me laugh. Yeah the 2 inch scab is a worry have you got a picture of it? I would say go see a doctor just to be sure. I tend to get a lot of ear wax buildup myself and at some stage I would go get it pumped out by the doctor and my hearing will go back to normal.

Oh man, that is a huge chunk!!! I didn't think a persons ear canal was even that long, I'm surprised it wasn't sticking out of the side of your head looking like you were growing horns!But it does seem like closing the barn door after the horse has escaped now for going to the doctor. If it isn't bothering you anymore, I would think a doctor visit would not be needed. I would however, make it a point to clean my ears on a more regular basis if I was you.

Edited by sheepdog (see edit history)

Oh man, that is a huge chunk!!! I didn't think a persons ear canal was even that long, I'm surprised it wasn't sticking out of the side of your head looking like you were growing horns!
But it does seem like closing the barn door after the horse has escaped now for going to the doctor. If it isn't bothering you anymore, I would think a doctor visit would not be needed.

I would however, make it a point to clean my ears on a more regular basis if I was you.

I agree. Clean your ears on a regular basis.
Also, I think you should go see a doctor just to be sure it's not something important. It may not have some effects now, but maybe in the long run, it can damage your ear. Ask your doctor and see what he or she says.