xisto Community
cragllo

Processor Problem 1/2 Speed...

Ok, the problem has been solved, I went into the bios and selected, 'return to default settings' or something like that... And now its recognising it at 2.2Ghz! YEY! my pc is running better now aswel, well it would after recieving 1.1Ghz nmore juce one againThank you for all your help people,Craig.

Edited by cragllo (see edit history)

Cragllo,That's great that re-setting the CMOS/BIOS settings to "default" corrected the problem. You got the easy fix ! :D Now, a couple of suggestions: 1) BACKUP your current BIOS/CMOS settings AND the complete BIOS program to a floppy disk for safekeeping. You'll need these if it ever really gets trashed for good. There are several utilitys available for doing this. 2) Find out what trashed the BIOS/Settings in the first place. If its a "bug"(virus etc.) program, then you need to find the critter & nuke it out of your system.Hope this helpsRGPHNX

Oh, ok.  thanks for the help!

does it make any difference that the one I'm buying is an Athlon XP 64?

43165[/snapback]

Yes it does, Yes it does.

When you buy make sure you buy the new one it is Athlon64 but the core is different called Newcastle that's the 939 pin one. And it is supposed to be cooler too. And tell me how it runs after you buy it. ;)