xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Vyoma

Demon Trio Project Digital Painting series

Posted Image

Demon Trio Project

These are a set of three paintings I created using combination of Photoshop and GIMP, using Wacom Intuos3 tablet. Attempt was to create three paintings of different monster characters with a same flow of style in terms of form and style.

I am still trying to find my own style, and I guess one can only get it by doing lot of paintings/artwork.

Check out the deviantART entries for a full and larger view:

Slug

Slice

Screech

I wouldn't mind getting critique for these - but I don't think I will be working on these. They were done quite some time back, and I myself think that some things could have been done better.

(Cross posting what I posted earlier at Xisto.com. Sort of migrating here because want to post more on digital art).

Its perfect in color selection and style but to be frank, Slug seems to be off the chart when it comes to "theme" It must be the pose that you gave it that cause the imbalance in the finishing. Just my early thoughts concluded from a quick glance from deviantart.

Your quick analysis actually right in terms of Slug. :lol: And on a hind-look, I agree with you.I did Slug first, and then I worked on Slice and Screech. As I spent quite a lot of hours on each painting, I was learning quite a bit in terms of color theme and character portrayal. What I learned from the previous one, I applied it to the next one.You will see that the second and the third have similar color balancing technique applied - something I leared after I had completed Slug. (It dealt with color theory in general, as well as the mess it creates while shifting from RGB to CMYK color space). You will also notice that on the last one, Screech, I have better control over details that I did for Slice.

Edited by Vyoma (see edit history)