xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
spawn_syxx9

Antivirus most efficient antivirus software ?

So what anti-virus software is free? What's the best free one? I had McAffee, but it was a trial, and has expired.  :(  I can't afford any expensive programs, so that's why I'm asking about free ones. Know any?

I use and love AVG. You also have the choice of Avast!
Both are free and you can update for free!

Read my post about this here:

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/1973-favourite-freewares-my-favourite-freewares-that-rock/

Scroll down to the correct entry...

Have fun, and be safe!

Googlue!

F-secure is the best in catching stuff since it uses three different AV engines at the same time. However, it's prolly a bit of an overkill.For those who say Norton Antivirus, I would say Symantec Antivirus if you can find it somewhere. Our school distributes it free to students and it is much lower on the resource side with the same protection as Norton (and none of the eye candy). The latest 9.0 has email scanning etc, so has all the functionality of Norton.

My favorite virus scanners are AVG Free Edition and Panda Active Scan(which you don't have to download anything). For AVG, you just need to put in your email and it'll send you a code so when you install AVG you can continue.

Well after dling the new service pack 2, I am finally deciding to dl AVG. It seems pretty good and with a lot of you using it, I guess I can give it a try.

The first i would suggest is Norton and the second its Mcafee....rumor is that they are the same company.

I am going to guess they probably aren't just because their systems are totally different and they both always in competition with eachother.

Hi!!!I use mcafee 8.0 professional and i find it much better than NortonAntivirus 2004, because norton antivirus 2004 is very slow and i had problems with updates. But mcaffee isnt very easy so i also think that norton is good for newbies, but it is slow as i said before.greez tux

ok......also mcafee is always scaning ur computer and it slows it down but norton scans it only when you are not using it......but i think mcafee is more stable than norton... i had bad experiences with norton

I have wondered about that. I don't think that AVG is scanning when I don't ask it to thus it is not slowing my computer down.

I am using KAV, the best antivirus software I ever used.It is an awesome anti-virus program that give free virus database updates. It usually updates itself whenever a new file becomes available, it also has a process watch and, optionally, you are able to set it up so that it watches incoming files from the net.

I use one called Trend PC-Cillin and it seems to do the job, nothing fancy, it just tells you when it finds a virus. You update the pattern file by pressing a couple of buttons. What could be easier?