xisto Community
AshTheGamer

Making A New Website Need Idea's

Hello,I have been looking around at website idea's but its hard to have a good website that will be active and unique from others,Please can people give me some idea's of what to host of content,Thanks in advance,- Ash :)

Hello,
I have been looking around at website idea's but its hard to have a good website that will be active and unique from others,

Please can people give me some idea's of what to host of content,

Thanks in advance,

- Ash :)

Well I don't know ...why you want to make that website...if thats just for fun or knowledge...then....its hard ..to find a unique Idea for your website...as far as content goes...however ...you can work on styling and look of your website..to make it unique.....but for that you must be very expert in website designing....depending on your level....u must decide what to do....

don't think of making something extraordinary ...in your first attempt....start with a small project then.....keep improving ...but if u are...an expert...then u don't need advice...best of luck........

Well I don't know ...why you want to make that website...if thats just for fun or knowledge...then....its hard ..to find a unique Idea for your website...as far as content goes...however ...you can work on styling and look of your website..to make it unique.....but for that you must be very expert in website designing....depending on your level....u must decide what to do....
don't think of making something extraordinary ...in your first attempt....start with a small project then.....keep improving ...but if u are...an expert...then u don't need advice...best of luck........

Absolutely correct start off with something small, develop your ideas and then start building bigger projects. Before you make any site make sure you plan it out on some paper first so you know exactly which steps to take to make it look exactly how you want and also on how to go about making it.

Hope this helps.
Surbjit

The best website you can make is a website about something you like. What I'm trying to say is don't just make a website about something you think will be active but rather about something you like and know a lot about the subject. If you make a website just because it would be active but you know nothing about it you can't expect to make that great of a site. If you list some things you're interested in I could help you pick. List some things like hobbies, favorite sports to watch and stuff your good at and we'll deside with one would make the best website.

Believe me if I had a feasible idea for a website that would bring in lots of users (and therefore make me lots of money) I wouldn't tell you (or anyone else) :)

This website was first hosted on Xisto and gets about 200k unique hits a month and all it is a bunch of copy-and-pasted articles, games and videos off the Internet (no offence to the owner):

http://nerdnirvana.org/

The idea behind it originally (I think) was a website for the owner and his friends to visit during school that wasn't blocked so that they could avoid doing work. And it's evolved from there. So you can see it's a successful model and one which you can easily create yourself and the only work behind it would be finding the articles and videos as well as uploading the games.

It might not be a unique idea but it has great potential to be active.

1. You want to ask for idea's to make your board.2. You will put it on.3. You'll get your board removed because it is an illegal/pirated 2.3.6 IP.Board, and threatening me to copy and use MY Central-Gaming IPB License Key as your own, copy my rules and my content.That's not good Ash...I have known you for a few years and yes. You steal copyrighted material as claim as your own.This guy is threatening me to do something with my license key and probably "hack" me. He says he has my IP, hell...who cares. This guy is a script kiddie, he has to use "tools" like DDoS, MSN Freezer etc thinking he is a hacker. :P This 13 year old kid makes me laugh.Ash, you know you wont get any hosting using pirated Invision Power Boards. :)-Sky

Maybe start with something you are interested in and then expand it as you gain new ideas. Maybe you are your friends could brainstorm lots of ideas....I tried looking at your posts and topics. They are wide-spread. Maybe you could make a website about YOU~!!

It is not just IT stuff. You need to do marketing esp. you like to use web to enable your business.Marketing is about identify your customer and study their behavior using web and the blackbox--what do they think behind their actionthen you can start the webdevelopment cycle. like design,what technique you use evaluation,maintain ...

You're lucky as I am an idea machine. Having ideas is the easy part for me it's turning ideas into reality that can slow things down by quite a bit. The human mind and imagination is where the ideas fierst develop and I have a massively active imagination. Used to be even more so but as you grow older I think a lot of peoplke stop themselves.Ok here are a few ideas for you. By the way I dont know if any of these have already been done so i'm just throwing stuff out there and building up some hosting credits in the meantime.! Have a name-that-tune site that tells you what song it is by recognising a few bars of music recorded and uploaded by the user. This could be the actual song, some notes played on an instrument or someone just humming. there are a couple of ways to do this: get the other users to work out what the tune is, or use sophisticated sound pattern recognition software on your server with a database of all recorded music to recognise the tune that was uploaded.! Make an animation website where users can animate there own characters, create animated movies, short videos, commercials. The users have the choice of designing there own characters and using your software to animate them or choosing from a number of pre made characters already on your website that they can get to do anything you like. you can have different sections for different types of stories. e.g. thriller. action, adult themes, drama, dialogue etc. The users could all vot on each others animations and a winner emerges each month winning a prize of some sort be that a million dollars, a new ipod, a trip to Universal studios or a pat on the back.!Make a website that allows users to pool the processing power of the computer that the are using at the time to perform a specific task such as massive number crunching. Users who join in are given an incentive such as money. Hire your website services out to companies that need to parse huge amounts of data such as a weather reporting company. Keep half the profits for yourself and use the other half to pay the participants.!Create a website that users can video the inside of there houses with the intention of submitting to your website to get ideas for internal design from other users. They give a guided tour of the interior of the property, other users watch this and post their ideas for decoration etc.!Virtual tour website - users can post video tours of their local area, showing whatever cool stuff is there. Other users can also request tours of other areas. This will be for travelling purposes or just curiosity.!A soap opera of your own life. Make constant logs of your own life. Expose your entire life online. Carry a small camera AROUND WITH YOU EVERYWHERE YOU GO. (sorry I hit the caps button and cant be bothered to delete the sentence and retype it in lower case, I'm not yet that good at typing not to look at the keyboard as I type so I get some errors like the one you just saw.) Get subscribers to your online life then cash in with advertising.Well there are a few ideas to bet you started. Let us know how you get on with your online endeavours. You might even create the next google. Good luck!

1. You want to ask for idea's to make your board.2. You will put it on.
3. You'll get your board removed because it is an illegal/pirated 2.3.6 IP.Board, and threatening me to copy and use MY Central-Gaming IPB License Key as your own, copy my rules and my content.

That's not good Ash...I have known you for a few years and yes. You steal copyrighted material as claim as your own.

This guy is threatening me to do something with my license key and probably "hack" me. He says he has my IP, hell...who cares. This guy is a script kiddie, he has to use "tools" like DDoS, MSN Freezer etc thinking he is a hacker. :P This 13 year old kid makes me laugh.

Ash, you know you wont get any hosting using pirated Invision Power Boards. :)

-Sky

Actually if you give your IP address to a experienced hacker it can be alot of trouble espectially when your firewall isnt on and allows all incoming connections. What then the hacker can do is delete everything on your computer and store viruses e.t.c to really have an effect on your computer. SO I would suggest never to give your IP address out to any stranger and always keep your firewall on and block any incoming connections which you think are not safe.

Hope this helps.
Surbjit
:P

Actually if you give your IP address to a experienced hacker it can be alot of trouble espectially when your firewall isnt on and allows all incoming connections. What then the hacker can do is delete everything on your computer and store viruses e.t.c to really have an effect on your computer. SO I would suggest never to give your IP address out to any stranger and always keep your firewall on and block any incoming connections which you think are not safe.
Hope this helps.
Surbjit
:)

What are you talking about? Do you know how easy it is to find out someones IP address? Just having someones IP address means nothing. Also if a "experienced hacker" is hacking your computer your computer has no chance even with the firewall on. I don't mean to mean just practical.
Edited by Running With Scissors (see edit history)

Hello,

I have been looking around at website idea's but its hard to have a good website that will be active and unique from others,

Please can people give me some idea's of what to host of content,

Thanks in advance,

- Ash :)

I dont know what you mean by unique, but I dont think a unique site will attract members.

I'd pick an existing type of site.

Anyways, here are the basics in getting more members and more traffic to your site.

1. Start off small, then expand as you gain more members. You dont want a site that just all of the sudden, a new guy comes to your site, and BOOM! Everything is there, but the only problem is, there are only a few members, and more than likely those members wont know how to use all of your site's functions, etc, and they will leave. You have to introduce new features slowly, so your members will figure out how to use them. If they know enough about it, sure enough people will ask them questions, and they'll know the answers. Then you realize you have a cycle going on.

- You should find a small increase on the amount of members if you do this.

2. Interact with your members: Make a live chat room, or something of that nature. You want to be able to interact with your members, and maybe answer some of their questions. In return, they may give you crutial feedback pretaining to your site, they will give you their opinions on how to improve the site.

There will also be a member-to-member interaction, in which the members wil share their thoughts and opinions together. They will also spread the word of your site, allowing more people to find it. More than likely, they will keep coming to your site because they will want to meet with others.

Get a forums: By providing a forums to your members, you will see an increase in more members and more traffic. Make sure your forum is very organized, and make broader categories.

- Small to Moderate increase in amount of members and site traffic.

3. Design: First Impression is key to a successful site. You need to do this in the beginning of your site. If the design is attractive to the eye, it will attract more members and site traffic along with it. You might want to find one that has Javascript in it, such as a button glowing when you hover it with your mouse.

Also, find one that matches what your site will be about. You will not want to have a Gaming Design, for example, if you will be talking about Life. (Not like I think you would do that, but just using that as an example).

You also want to make sure that things on your websie will be easy to read. Dont put a dark background and have gray text, for example.

- Small increase in site traffic.

4. Have a positive attitude- By believing in yourself, you will say to yourself "Never give up."

- Boosts self confidence ^^

5. Advertise/Submit to Search Engines: Advertise on sites that allow you to advertise, pretty straight forward.

Submit to Search Engine- You'll want to submit your site to Search Engines so if someone wants to find a website whos category fits into yours, you might just be in luck =)

- Small increase at first, then moderate in members and site traffic.

6. Listen to your members: Listening to your members are important. They will help you point out some things you need to improve on.

7. Add some cool widgets: As your site gets larger, you might want to add cool widgets such as RSS feeds, Glittering text (To make it more attractive), or even some flash games?

8. URL redirection/Domain: Unless they remember to add your site to favorites, you're out of luck. You will always want a domain that is easy to remember. Do you think your members will remember subdomains?

URL Redirection: If domains are too costly for you, maybe URL redirection will come in handy. For starters, I'd use one like co.cc .

~ Pick one that dosent have disturbing ads.

* This guide may vary depending on the type of site you want to make.

Try and think of something unique , or mix something together , like Music and Games. Ads and Affiliation can get you a long way. As already said , Submit your site to as many search engines as you can. A Subdomain/domain makes your site seem more professional , so eventually that's always something to think about. After a while , install a forum script of your choice. Forums are a great way for members to interact with news and events , so try and include that as soon as you can :P. If you don't know HTML/CSS , use a Premade or request one from somewhere. Just a few tips there , if you search the web there are bound to be some better tips or hints :)

hello!Well, there is an idea! Make something that contains videos. They are so popular nowadays. This helps a lot to make money too. Now, with google you can make money if you have youtube videos (I heard something like that) and there are many websites (Google is your best friend) that can pay you for every videos you have on their website (Actually, if you host a video on their site, they pay you per viewer of the video).It really sounds pretty interesting, so you can make a website that has many videos on it and comes from a website that actually pays you to display those! (I might actually make one!!) and more visitors you get = more chances to get money. For visitors, you can always spend 10-20 dollars in some advertising like Bitdertiser...Well, use your imagination, but remember that electriic ink is right, nobody will give you their ideas that might get you rich for free. You always gotta pay somewhere :) but you can always find ways yourself! Thing is that new stuffs that nobody think up yet (which is RARE or inexistent) are those where you can make the most money since it will be the first site to do it, so all gonna use the only site existing.Well, good luck!Tim.