xisto Community
EdgabtheGreat

Email Marketing Mass email marketing tools

Does anyone know really good email marketing software. I am looking for something that will integrate with a SQL database?At the moment I am using a program called Send Blaster, it seems to work ok but it lacks in functionality.I'm also looking for something that I can manage my campaigns with, something that works together with landing pages.I have also had to set up a completely seperate domain to run this software on because the multiple bouncebacks from old subscribed users has caused the domain to become blocked sometimes.Whenever I have to do a campaign it takes up so much of my time exporting data from the SQL database and then import csv files into Sendblaster then making sure I don't send to any unsubscribed users. I have to do about 3 to 4 campaigns a month and I have over 50000 records in my database so you can just imagine the amount of work this is for me.I am hoping to find something for about the same cost as Sendblaster but willing to spend a bit more if it can save me huge amounts of time.

I use both a "Software" Program, and an Email List Service... and to be honest if you are going to do any level of email marketing you should sign up for an email service.I use Aweber, they are amazing, they have stats/filters etc. you can do things that you wouldn't think would be possible.They have change their prices and is quite expensive now... but they are worth it.GetResponse.com I hear was a better alternative now...But I wouldn't touch software programs with a stick after using Aweber.

I don't recommend using email marketing tools-I have nothing against it, but that will annoy people and may even get you banned from the affilate program, because no one wants to recieve marketing emails, and from experience I'll tell you that if you send a mass email to 1000persons, you will get about 50 visits, and they'll just take a look and leave, there's no sense doing it. It's just way to risky, and it's better if you work on your content, advertising and SEO instead of sending mass spam emails around.

I don't recommend using email marketing tools-I have nothing against it, but that will annoy people and may even get you banned from the affilate program, because no one wants to recieve marketing emails, and from experience I'll tell you that if you send a mass email to 1000persons, you will get about 50 visits, and they'll just take a look and leave, there's no sense doing it. It's just way to risky, and it's better if you work on your content, advertising and SEO instead of sending mass spam emails around.

its not spam - they opted into your list and can opt out at any time. I have several list and have provided quality content to my lists. Spam is junk, my content isn't!

I agree E-mail marketing is a marketing strategy where we can directly communicate with our potential customers and get a feed back from them about our products and services through sending them e-mails. A feed back will also help in enhancing our product according to their demands and it builds a sense of trust among the customers.

Edited by velma (see edit history)

I agree E-mail marketing is a marketing strategy where we can directly communicate with our potential customers and get a feed back from them about our products and services through sending them e-mails. A feed back will also help in enhancing our product according to their demands and it builds a sense of trust among the customers.

This is true. The tough part is utilizing it properly though. Just because you're sending out emails to people doesn't mean that they are reading them, and especially doesn't mean they are taking action. So while it's helpful, it can also be useless, unless you're doing it "right."

I am not sure I understand exactly what the OP is looking for. Is an autoresponder what is needed? Or maybe a newsletter manager software? Do you have a website with members that you need to mail regularly? I understand that you have 50000 or so subscribers, but how did you get the subscribers? Often an opt in email capture script also includes functionality to mail the list. Please explain in more detail and I'll do my best to see what I can find for you. :)