xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
-Sky-

Microsoft Sued For Faulty Xbox 360s

Just as the title says, Microsoft is being sued for selling and consealing faulty Xbox 360's. They allegedly sold broken, if you will, xbox 360s, then covered up the stats on how many were actually faulty. Under California's consumer protection statues, the suit was filed in Sacramento County Superior Court and the suit is looking to force Microsoft to release all profits given to the sale of the Xbox 360 [failures], as well as make MS announce [publically] and implement a refund program in California.

Given this report and suit, could this mean that all states with similar acts, will jump ship with California and start sueing Microsoft for the faulty product they have apparently brought to the assemebly line? I believe we will see massive coverage on this suit because it might put into balance the Sony/Microsoft competition and give a slight edge to the competition. I believe, if found true, this will hurt Microsoft in places that are best left untouched and might actually, if we are lucky, make them stride for a better product in the future.

Source: DailyGamesNews

Wow, very nice one...I agree that it is about time they get forced to take up for their mistakes.I think it was the original XBox that also had issues, where they were forced to send out new power bricks to everyone.

i think it was pretty damn stupid of microsoft to do that. i mean there so rich can't the afford to sell legitimate xbox's or do they have to resort to selling crappy broken ones to make some money. they probably knew that they might be caught but they decided to take the risk. pretty stupid huh?

please visit my site: https://www.microsoft.com/de-de

Well, they was sued for doing it. Maybe next time they will think on of what they are doing. :) Seriously though, why sell faulty xBox 360s? There's no meaning for it. They might be running out of money now. :P

Microsoft does deserved to be sued for making faulty Xbox 360's. Why would they do such a thing, when they are makers of the Windows computers? I think they just want the money, I don't think they're bothered about anything right now.

Wow, yea, hopefully when things like this happen it does bring about better products (or at least better working products) in the future. Sometimes it takes a big thing like this for companies to slow down a bit and actually care about what they are creating again. Makes you wonder why they thought they would get away with it though. For companies that large, it's hardly worth trying to make a few extra bucks if it's just going to ruin your reputation.