xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

V3 Credit System Hosting Requirements

How much of a dent in profits will this actually do to Xisto - Web Hosting though? I ask since I know I am one of the few who have a large credit balance, i is one of those if if I could I would and of course if I tell friends about it I be tempted to tell them about the work around. Not saying I would though, because most people don't have that kind of time to do it and it comes to my opinion that this should be an exclusive to Xisto and Xisto members and just like in the old system I would think their needs to be a requirement just like the current hosting system in order to get a hosting package.I could see three possible requirements either bringing back the post count or set a dollar amount or set a mycent equivalent dollar amount and yes people think I am crazy but at a business stand point the new credit system is a big risk in terms of profit and we all take granted that we are getting a sweet deal in the 500MB 10GB of BW package, but once everyone starts switching over to logic plans or something bigger a lot more space is going to be used up for "free" hosting. So not only should the admins and mods think about this but the members too both old and new and maybe we can suggest some other idea's if OpaQue hasn't come up with any yet, but at least have some control on accepting or denying those with hosting.

I think it should be $4.00 for requesting a hosting account. The post count is a terrible way of doing it because anybody can bang out 10 posts, but what we are looking for here is good posts. I have seen it everywhere else. People post two word posts to get hosting, and there is no incentive to post more, since a post is a post, no matter how long it is.$4.00 actually may be hard to earn for a new user, so maybe $2.00 or so.

Your absolutely right in most web hosts thats all it takes and that was like that for trap at the beginning, however, because of what Xisto requires for posting is a lot more strict no one can easy just post "I want hosting" it has to be a lot more then that. Another idea came to me is a combination of both posting and money, since you need the money to get hosting and order to get money need to post.

Your right on that as a few people over the Xisto history have gotten the default within 5-10 posts because of how the hosting credits worked based on the credit rate for each group. Of course, that is why 3-4 good posts can easily get the 10 credit package and so I would say that your close on the number of posts, but remember though that a very in depth tutorial can max out the 10 credit limit and so if you post tutorials like that. Then you could easily get a hosting package off that one tutorial if of course it isn't copied and pasted from somewhere.

Your right on that as a few people over the Xisto history have gotten the default within 5-10 posts because of how the hosting credits worked based on the credit rate for each group. Of course, that is why 3-4 good posts can easily get the 10 credit package and so I would say that your close on the number of posts, but remember though that a very in depth tutorial can max out the 10 credit limit and so if you post tutorials like that. Then you could easily get a hosting package off that one tutorial if of course it isn't copied and pasted from somewhere.

You mean like the one that took me about 2 hours to type out and check all my facts and then I posted it, its been a week they haven't made it visible

and it was worth like 30 credits? Yeah... lol. But in a post I made in a different topic, I pointed out that after seeing how cheap some of these packages

are and actually having a good use for them, im tempted to go out and get a prepaid credit card or something to buy some hosting. I think this will

widen Xisto's customers because of the mix with a paid system.

It will cost Xisto a LOT fo money. Sure... All the new content will raise Xisto's pagerank at a dramatic speed... Though, I don't think its worth it... This is basically the Credit System "To the next level" Where you make "money" through posting and its actually "real" money... This is risky... Xisto will surely get a whole new inrush of new members and all that.... But... We're basically getting Xisto - Web Hosting for free! Seriously... I really do think that admins should reconsider "MyCENT"... It will put a huge dent in Xisto's "treasury"... Though... If the admins placed an advertisement, and a "Donate" Button, I think Xisto/Xisto should do all right... :)

It will cost Xisto a LOT fo money. Sure... All the new content will raise Xisto's pagerank at a dramatic speed... Though, I don't think its worth it...
This is basically the Credit System "To the next level" Where you make "money" through posting and its actually "real" money...

This is risky... Xisto will surely get a whole new inrush of new members and all that.... But... We're basically getting Xisto - Web Hosting for free! Seriously... I really do think that admins should reconsider "MyCENT"... It will put a huge dent in Xisto's "treasury"...

Though... If the admins placed an advertisement, and a "Donate" Button, I think Xisto/Xisto should do all right... :P

Eh. Xisto have Google ads I think, and we 'could' have donations on, but not really much point. I'm sure OpaQue and Buffalo have lots of money. :)

If your a just started community, like...gaming etc and use a forum software that's licensed and paid for, you'd need donations to help your forum run etc.... :P
Edited by -Sky- (see edit history)

No... Xisto doesn't use Google adsense's ads because Opaque has not had a very good history with them... (You'll find it in the Xisto Story)...But... We are talking Simcity here... Sure, Opaque might have lots of money... But that's not the thing... The thing is... The revenue of all the Xisto networked sites have to generate must cover all the costs all the networked sites cost (Which, I would say is NOT cheap... :))...Not only does it have to cover the cost of all the sites run by Xisto... It would also have to give the people that made Xisto some generous profit... (i.e. $1 IS a profit, but its NOT worth all the hard work gone into Xisto and all its networked sites...)...I'm sure Xisto - Web Hosting makes lots of money, and that the ads displayed to non-registered members generate revenue as well... But... With the new MyCENT thing, Xisto is basically allowing people have access to the Xisto - Web Hosting plans for free just in exchange for frequent forum posts... I myself, think that this is a godsend and is a wonderful idea (In the boots of a customer...)... But... If I were to be poupt into the boots of an administrator, this would be like paying 20% extra tax!

Actually Trap does, but I think at the beginning they had problems, but Xisto proudly displays adsense ads and what not. CSP as for covering all the costs and what not I believe OpaQue has several reseller accounts one for each server xisto is running and so its not like he's spending $10,000 a month on costs, but you do have a point about people sending donations and what not, but think about it like this people want free hosting, and so if they can't afford to get paid hosting I highly doubt they will donated $5-$10, of course I wouldn't be surprise if people have donated to the xisto foundation to help support it.Of course, the answers to this topic have been made in terms of requirements since I saw a post from OpaQue about a 5 post requirement and I say that is reasonable since that is s what it should take to make to get a logic plan.