xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
saitunes

Os X Updates

I was just wondering is there any way to put updates for OS X on a CD/DVD flash drive?Every couple months I like to re-install tiger and have a fresh start (For no particular reason other than cleaning)and every time I do it i have to download a couple gig worth of updates (My restore disk that came with the macbook is 10.4.7 or so)Thanks

It is possible to put the updates on your harddrive in the same form that they are on the server and then install them via software update, however to make software update look at your harddrive rather than the internet you'll need to modify some files in your library, not something I would normally recommend. Instead why don't you download all the updates as packages (available from apple.com/support/downloads/), then keep all of the packages on your harddrive, and when you resinstall your OS, you can install directly from these packages rather than re-downloading them every time.

Thanks Galexcd you are a legend... Now to find which ones I would need (which i think ill wait til i do the reinstall next time , then I'll have them for future use. Thanks again :)