xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
-Sky-

Stop Your Html Codes From Being Stolen Stop your Html codes from being stolen on your HTML pages.

even if you do all the preventing stuffs... others can and will find a way to view your code.. but for me it's not necessary.. all I want is to guard my content but it will be much impossible than to prevent someone steal the code..

As has been said its really impossible to do such things. A classic way is to prevent right clicking, but in most cases disabling javascript will thwart most scripts as most rely on JS. also clicking left and right button together fools the system. In general the script looks for the numbers corresponding to a mouse click, something like "1" is left, "2" is right, so if the mouseclick == 2 it was a right click so block it. but if i click both buttons and generate a 3 then the script is useless :P
also View>source

There are i think programs that claim to hide your HTML by somehow encrypting it but telling the browser how to display it or something. I dont know if they actually exist/work but im sure ive seen them advertised for high prices.

But as Pyost said, for a browser to render a page it needs unrestricted access to the HTML code. and to display the code to the browser is to display it to the user!

Of course you could always make your websute using flash or something and then the source is hidden, though thre are ways to get fragments back :P

Its always possible to break through systems. Even though it is good or bad. You can never stop one.
The mouse click funda of right click and right click together was an intelligent one even though it was yours or not yours. But the view source thing was in my mind from the point i started reading this post.
Th e thing is that there should be somehow that the code should be hidden even when the source is open and maybe ask for a password or something to see it(this i what i think there should be : i am not telling there is something like that)