xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
aegreatone

How To Easily Without Much Hassle Transfer A Wordpress Blog To A New Server?

I didn't know where to put this but I'm here at Xisto.com to host my blog, aegreatone.co.cc, which is hosted by freehostia, now i know how to transfer but the way I do it is an extreme hassle:back up wordpresstransfer it to new servergoing into mysql/php admin and fixing little things to make sure it worksredownload all the plugins/images and other stuff on the ftp server and transfer it.what is the easiest, fastest, less hassle way of doing it?thank you.

there's a 97 dollars script somewhere out there which is used to clone a totally configured wordpress blog (google keywords: +wordpress +cloner) :lol: it does say you won't need to touch cpanel, and you can practically make an effortless transfer of your wordpress blog in a matter of 60 seconds. i haven't purchased it, nor have i tested it, so i cant validate it's usefulness or if it really works without a hitch as advertised. it is up to you if you want to purchase the script though, or research more on others who have used it for feedback before buying it.

if you're just going to use it once however (or just have one wordpress installation to transfer), i don't see how it can justify the cost to you. better to just do it the old-fashioned way as you're already knowledgeable on how to do it.

maybe it will ease your troubles if you can transfer your wordpress files and subdirectories via FTP to FTP. there are some FTP clients which can do that (just google it), or you can use a net-based FTP which has this feature (try http://net2ftp.com/). alternatively, if your old host can ZIP your wordpress directory, you can do that. then simply UNZIP that in your Xisto hosting account (which is a proven time-saver).

after that you can then recreate your DB on your new host, import your sql backup, and set the proper values on your wordpress config file.

using online ftp to "zip" my hosting files is a good idea, it'll save time uploading and transfer/redownload files but I still gotta do the mysql and config crap...darn...ah well...trap 16 i hope your worth it.