xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
actuarymath

Trap17's Ssh

I was allowed to have an account
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
and I would like to use SSH access that I believe is a salespoint of Xisto.

At the video tutorial, it seems that we can use Java SSH but I could not find the icon about it.

And I used the PuTTy and tried to connect but I was refused.
Of course I have authorized the public key at my cpanel.

My setting was as follows.

host name:actuary.trap17.com
account name:actuary
password:(password I use at cpanel)
Port No 22

If I made some mistakes, will some of you please let me know?

Hello Actuary,

Thank you for opening a topic regarding SSH here. We do not offer SSH by default in our packages, SSH is granted to members only after they send an email request regarding the same. Now if you wish to have SSH enabled on your account you need to send an email to :-

support(at)Xisto(dot)com

support(at)Xisto(dot)com

The content of your request should be in the below format :-

TITLE : Request for SSH on sub domain actuary.trap17.com

MAIN POINTS :

Your Forum Username

Forum Password

Cpanel Username

Cpanel Password

Reason as to why you need SSH

Your current Credit Amount

Once you send the above details, OpaQue or BuffaloHelp will review the application and SSH will be enabled depending on your forum behavior and email request. If you have any further doubts or queries you may add them in the same request email.

Hello Actuary,

Thank you for opening a topic regarding SSH here. We do not offer SSH by default in our packages, SSH is granted to members only after they send an email request regarding the same. Now if you wish to have SSH enabled on your account you need to send an email to :-

support(at)Xisto(dot)com

support(at)Xisto(dot)com

The content of your request should be in the below format :-

TITLE : Request for SSH on sub domain actuary.trap17.com

MAIN POINTS :

Your Forum Username

Forum Password

Cpanel Username

Cpanel Password

Reason as to why you need SSH

Your current Credit Amount

Once you send the above details, OpaQue or BuffaloHelp will review the application and SSH will be enabled depending on your forum behavior and email request. If you have any further doubts or queries you may add them in the same request email.

Thank you very much for your reply.

By the way is this same as Qupis?

That is, do I have to send an application email to qupis support like the above format to use SSH on Qupis?

(If I have to post the matter at the Qupis corner, please indicate me so)

We do not allow SSH on Qupis at all :lol: Only trap and paid members are given SSH.

Thank you for your reply.
I have thought that Qupis allows ssh because it has SSH menu.

I would have not been confusued if your Qupis cpanel menu have not shown the SSH menu!

informative post... is this anywhere in FAQs if not i think it would make a good addition to them

wwilliams

Thank you very much for your comment.
I also think FAQs would contain such information about SSH.

By the way will you tell me the below thing if you know?
I understand once we are hosted the points correspond to the survival days (1 point=1 day survival).

But I am afraid that my survival days seem to decrease more faster than 1point/1day.

Do you know the rule of "decreasing survival days"?

I have a question regarding SSH as well. That is how you would install things like Teamspeak or whatever, right?(Or are there other uses as well?)If so, does this mean that we are allowed to do that on our trap server, or would that be denied to us?Thanks in advance!

I have a question regarding SSH as well. That is how you would install things like Teamspeak or whatever, right?(Or are there other uses as well?)
If so, does this mean that we are allowed to do that on our trap server, or would that be denied to us?

Thanks in advance!

rpgsearcherz

Thank you for your advice.
I do not intend to install Teamspeak or whatever.
I have thought that I would like to compile some C programs (not made by myself).
I understand we are NOT prohibited to C compiling but if we ARE prohibited I will give up.