xisto Community
burgen

Google Grid

I don't know if anybody has already posted this, here you go:
http://www.broom.org/epic/ols-master.html
This is a personal perspective of what will goolge do in the future, it is a interesting idea though, think about google intergrating all its services together, gmail, googlegroups, blogger, keyhole, web hosting (suppose they do), what will that change the internet?

Amazing presentation!,Right now google is begging to be a gigant web company. Gmail has been a great move and i bet in less than a year they would have also a propetary messenger. However i do not think they would defeat so easily Microsoft. Apart from OS market, Microsoft will try to be in the top of New Media Access for sure. There is a lot of money there and Mr. Gates wants it for sure. Google is in the top now, but Microsoft has the money to defeat everyone. We will see. Maybe in 2014 we remember this prediciton. :-)

We are sure that microsoft has all those features, for microsoft it's easy t o create hotmail with 1 gb, they have many :Pgoogle have only this search engine, if they add web hosting and all those stuff we know that microsoft will do something better, this is good B) we will have better services!One step ahead has google because we know that all programs and things from microsoft are hacked or they will be, people loves goole more than microsoft so this is an advantage :D

Well, that's enlightening. Google has already changed our 'outlook' towards email. They did the same earlier for search engines. Next was their foray into the ad sector and they are one of the most resoected there...Those guys know what they are doing. That is all that makes the difference. Whatever they step into, they change the way the World thinks about that issue. What will be their immediate next plan? Webhosting? I don't think so... It is not interesting to the 'common man'. They are happy with emails...I think they may go big and aim for a desktop (OS) of their own, I hope they do and the scrappy Windoze can be really put to a doze, for good.

Google should make it's own messenger service! I would love to use gmail to chat with my other gmail friends! Wouldn't it be cool if gmail could be used on "google messenger" or something? Google is just like trillian... better than microsoft! (I love trillian! go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ to find out more about trillian's cool messenging service! I mean, what service can use IRC, YAHOO, MSN, AIM, ICQ, JABBER, RENDEVOUS all at the same time?) :P ~Dooga

Google clearly has the best search engine. However, it is not perfect. I have noticed the order you place words effects how many results you get. It is like on phrase helps it find another. Thus I am sure its indexing procedures can still be further inproved. As for other services....Bring them on.