xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Darkelve

Hello Everyone

Hello everyone,I am a 30-year old male webmaster/content manager. Strong points: multilingual (English, French, Dutch, Spanish), solid knowledge of Html & CSS, strong knowledge of web copywriting, usability, accessibility. Weak points: limited programming knowledge.Interests/hobbies: playing music (keyboard, singing), latin-american dancing (salsa, merengue, ...), computers & games, reading, ...I wanted a free host that I could deploy my modX website (work in progress) on, so I registered here.See you in the forums!Darkelve

Hello Darkelve and welcome to Xisto.Being multilingual is a very strong point... I am somewhat multilingual however gradually losing that ability. I used to be quite fluent in german, but over time of not using it I have been forgetting how to speak most of it. Anyway, we have yet another web designer! You will make a great addition to this forum. I'm sure most of us ammeters would like to see your portfolio, I'm sure many members could learn a bit by seeing your designs and how you executed them. You also mentioned that you have limited programming knowledge. Xisto is a fantastic place to learn new languages. We have an entire sub-forum devoted to programming where you can ask questions and learn how to program, providing that you have an interest in learning.Anyway, thats enough for now, I wish you luck on your websites and I look forward to reading your posts around the forums.

Thanks! :lol:

I'd be interested in learning PHP, seeing that I'm using Modx as a CMS (Linux+Apache+MySQL+PHP)... also my Javascript skills could use a boost, as well as building regular expressions.

Hello Darkelve and welcome to Xisto.
Being multilingual is a very strong point... I am somewhat multilingual however gradually losing that ability. I used to be quite fluent in german, but over time of not using it I have been forgetting how to speak most of it. Anyway, we have yet another web designer! You will make a great addition to this forum. I'm sure most of us ammeters would like to see your portfolio, I'm sure many members could learn a bit by seeing your designs and how you executed them. You also mentioned that you have limited programming knowledge. Xisto is a fantastic place to learn new languages. We have an entire sub-forum devoted to programming where you can ask questions and learn how to program, providing that you have an interest in learning.

Anyway, thats enough for now, I wish you luck on your websites and I look forward to reading your posts around the forums.